Champ213

[Hungary] Thy Catafalque

^ Gonna download this to try before I buy, thanks! :)

To add something substantial to the topic: a list of Tamás' favorite albums recently (taken from a Hungarian interview):

Sólstafir: Köld

Negura Bunget: Om

Kraftwerk: Trans Europa Express

Nulladik Változat: Négy

Atheist: Elements

Baikonour: For The Lonely Hearts Of The Cosmos

Decapitated: Carnival Is Forever

Decoryah: Fall-Dark Waters

ICS Vortex: Storm Seeker

Kampec Dolores: A bivaly hátán

Rotting Christ: Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers

I listened to it once so far and I'm really liking it. Overall the sound is quite similar to the recent two albums. So far I especially enjoyed Vashegyek (so intense!) and Trilobita, but there wasn't really any "bad" song that negatively caught my attention.

I've only now had the time and mood to listen to Rengeteg - it really is awesome! I like how Tamás is able to deliver constant quality. :)

Gonna have to buy this one too!

A little bit of news: the last three Thy Catafalque albums will be re-issued on vinyl (limited edition) by Finnish label Blood Music. A new album is also in the works, expected to be released next year.

The band is still in the process of recording a new album, release date and other details unknown at this point.

Also some cool news, taken from their Facebook:

Blood Music proudly welcomes Thy Catafalque back to its roster! As we wouldn't let this incredible Hungarian band go, we convinced Tamás -- through months of arm-twisting -- to let us release the experimental early Thy Catafalque works in an officially and professionally-produced format for the first time ever.

We will be releasing "Cor Cordium" (demo), "Sublunary Tragedies," and "Microcosmos" in an ultra-ultra-limited 3-CD set in early 2014, along with ultra-ghetto/ultra-underground style packaging on a hyper-limited run of vinyl versions of these three albums.

These early works are extremely raw black metal with insane industrial overtones and are like nothing we've ever heard before. These records are dating back as far as 14 years ago, and this will be their first "official" release!

Some more exciting news~

We've decided to bring Tamás Kátai's [Thy Catafalque] obscure space age death metal project Gire to ultra-limited 2xLP [alongside the promised CD re-release] just because we want copies of this. There is a super special audio surprise to come along with the release, and we're sending off the music for vinyl mastering next week, alongside a load of other goodies.

Expect in 2014, alongside the Thy Catafalque "Early Works" 3xCD / 4xLP release.

We've just today received the special surprise we mentioned from Gire [Thy Catafalque's Tamás Kátai's bizarre death metal side project]. We've been waiting nearly a year, and the band has just delivered their first song playing together in 6 years. 

There will be a track recorded specifically for this release -- an updating of "A Teremtés és a Tisztaság" from their "Energire" demo. Delivered just in time for vinyl remastering. Can't wait to hear this material on wax.