Sign in to follow this  
Number Girl

New Boris Releases for Spring 2011

Recently Boris announced on their homepage for a new album released on Avex/tearbridge records.

http://homepage1.nifty.com/boris/top.html

Also a release titled "Attention Please" will be released on Sargent House and the album Heavy Rocks will be re-released (?) on Southern Lord records.

No other details are given, but will be updated as it gets closer to the release, hopefully.

:hyper:

HUGE EDIT:

As of recently, here is what is going on:

Boris is releasing FOUR new albums:

1) "New Album" - A Japanese release for March on Avex

2) Attention Please - A Sargent records release for April with Wata on vocals

3) Heavy Rocks - Another Sargent records release for April - this will NOT be a re-issue, but a completely new album with new songs

4) Klatter - a Merzbow and Boris compilation

Please help spread the news around because there has been lots of confusion!

More news on that album from JaME.

Experimental rock band Boris have announced that they will release a new album on March 16th. Though the title is still unknown, this album will be released under the major label tearbridge records, which is a sublabel of avex.

This new album is also producted by Shinobu Narita, who as been a support musician for the Japanese rocker Tomoyasu Hotei. Narita, has also produced songs for other band such as Plastic Tree, D'ERLANGER and LM.C., whose styles are rather different from Boris' music. Further details regarding the new album are expected to be released soon.

There's two new albums comming out that we know what is. "New Album" and a collaboration with Merzbow called "Klatter". I have been lucky enough to hear both these albums and you are all in for a treat if you like good music.

Then we have the upcoming release from Stephen O'Malley & Atsuo (simply a collaboration between Sunn0)))'s O'Malley and Boris' drummer Atsuo). Don't know what to expect from this.

And then "Attention Please". Have no idea what this is but I cannot wait.

I forgot to comment on the song. It an amazing song, but far frmo the best song on the album.

With some of those songs off Heavy Rock Hits and then that Golden Dance Classics split from a year or two ago, this change in sound doesn't surprise me at all.

Speaking of "Attention Please" it looks like the announcement has been removed from the home page, strange.

They have always changed their sound rather drastically. Just listen to Demo Vol. 1 and Demo Vol. 3 which is Hardcore. The closest they would ever be to this sound is Vein which was released 12 years after. But I love a band that have a lot to deliver, even when they have to change their sound a lot. But they always manage to keep a thin red thread through all their releases so it's easy to hear that it is Boris.

And that sucks. I was really hoping for many Boris full lenghts thisy ear. It's over two years since their last full lenght, so it's about time they release a few full lenghts again.

It is, and Klatter as well. But after being quiet as far as full-lenghts goes since 08's Cloud Chamber I kinda want more than two albums already. 08 saw three full-lenghts, I want 2011 to do the same. Hahah!

Metal-archives have no updated Boris with four new albums this year:

#1: Klatter

Collaboration with the Japanese noise artist Merzbow. Vinyl edition limited to

1000 copies

It was rumoured that the title would be 'Mellow Peak'.

1. Introduction

2. Akuma No Uta

3. Jane

4. Klatter 1

5. Naki Kyoku

296027.gif

#2: New Album

Vinyl edition limited to 700 copies with alternate tracks.

1. Party Boy 03:51

2. Kibou -Hope- 03:46

3. Flare 04:23

4. Black Original 04:26

5. Pardon 06:01

6. Kuroppoi Guitar 04:11

7. Spoon 04:30

8. Tu, la la 04:17

9. Jackson Head 03:14

10. Looprider 07:13

Total playing time 45:52

295312.jpg

#3: Attention Please

1. Attention Please

2. Hope

3. Party Boy

4. See You Next Week

5. Tokyo Wonder Land

6. 16:47:52...

7. Aileron

8. Les Paul Custom '86

9. Spoon

10. Hand in Hand

298159.jpg

#4: Heavy Rocks II

1. Riot Sugar

2. 8

3. Galaxians

4. Jackson Head

5. Missing Pieces

6. Key

7. Window Shopping

8. Tu, la la

9. Aileron

10. Czechoslovakia

298158.jpg

That's just great news. Have no idea what kind of albums this will be, but we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: Some info at least:

This spring, Japanese fuzz-rock overlords Boris will pull a Guns N' Roses/Springsteen/Bright Eyes and release two albums on the same day. Outside of Japan, Sargent House will release the new albums Heavy Rocks and Attention Please on April 26.

Boris already released an album called Heavy Rocks in 2002, but this new Heavy Rocks is a completely different work, one destined to confuse record-keepers for years to come. The new one even has similar cover art to the last one. According to a press release, the band is bringing back the title because the new album "seeks to redefine 'heavy' music in a culmination of the band's tireless efforts over the past two decades." Makes perfect sense!

Attention Please, meanwhile, marks the first time guitarist Wata has sung lead on an entire Boris album.

Okay, I finally got this straight in my head now. . . this has been so confusing!!!! I'm going to edit the first page now. . .

Thanks for cross-posting all the details and stuff, OldCheesey before I was about to! :)

I was reading about purple Heavy Rocks earlier today. Glad to see that it's a completely different work. What I'm most curious about is seeing if they're still sticking with their analog lo-fi recording or if they're going to stick with what I *think* I heard on Partyboy and have clearer production.

I'd prefer the former, lol. I'm sure it would all depend on what they mean by "redefining heavy."

Seeing the track lists, I'm starting to wonder if Attention Please and "New Album" are just alternate versions of each other; one for the Japanese and one for foreigners - much like they've done with Smile. Just a theory, though. I may get both albums anyway just for lulz and support.

Maybe. But Attention Please will be the first Boris album with only Wata on vocals, and it includes the amazing song 16:47:52... that was to be found on Japanese Heavy Rock Hits Vol. 3. So even if it is like that, they will most likely feel like two different albums anyway. I hope they are two completely different albums, though.

But the first thing I thought when hearing Party Boy was that it would fit perfect on Japanese Heavy Rock Hits Vol. 3.

Sign in to follow this