Sign in to follow this  
Ijustwanttosee

EAT YOU ALIVE - THE REASON

THE REASON - 8.5/10

the part of guitar and the last roar is good but still have space to improve .

The Conception - 9.5/10

the chorus is really touching and what i can say is just the song is perfect.

I can see that this band had done lots of improvement and change a little style..but i love it despite of the fact that the high pitch from the choruses of these two songs are quite similar xD

I've been following this band since their MaveRick days and I can say that this single marks a HUGE change for them.

There's like THREE different versions of this band:

-MaveRick

-EAT YOU ALIVE

-New single EAT YOU ALIVE

They need to figure out who the fuck they are.

MaveRick was gold. EAT YOU ALIVE was brutal. And now this single is just.. weird.

There's not a taste of "nu metal" on this single at all so, honestly, that's good because the genre is dated.

Don't get me wrong, I love what the band has put out so far but this new single marks a new age for them especially since they have a fifth band member but I think this single will put people off from what they've released so far.

It's just a different style for them. It's not MaveRick, it's not EAT YOU ALIVE.

THE REASON 10/10 - It has a great melody, gorgeous guitar work. Single worthy.

The Conception 7/10 - A B-side, enough said. Nice chorus.

I've come to realize they put out better B-Sides over A-Sides (REM, Nine2W, FLARE (<3), 花水木) but not this time around. It's bland.

There's nothing bad about this release. It's solid and not as boring as what other bands could put out. The only vice I have is just the sudden drastic turn in their style after getting so used to their "nu metal" style after 6 singles. It's a nice change and I think they noticed it was time to change. And I think the addition of the fifth member helped with the decision.

(Sorry, i'm sleep deprived and not looking forward to the holidays so i'm like just pouring shit out of my mind right now and thus this weird review came out.)

this new single impressed me. very good release, THE REASON is gold. and like furik said, this is a new EAT YOU ALIVE, i've been following them since MaveRick too. awesome sound.

This single was awesome. Sure, it wasn't the usual EAT YOU ALIVE we've heard before, but it was still... Astounding. THE REASON was a track I could pleasantly stand listening to continuously; and The Conception, though not as good as THE REASON, was still cool, so yeah. Good job for the guys, particularly with the new member!

This is a new sound for sure! I like THE REASON more and more as I'm listening to it. The Conception isn't bad either, but it is what it is: a B-side. Nice single, with a fresh new sound (for them, at least).

Sign in to follow this