Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Fear Factory

fearfactorynew2.jpg

Lineup: Burton C. Bell – lead vocals, Dino Cazares – guitar, Gene Hoglan – drums, Byron Stroud – bass

Fear Factory is an American heavy metal band. Formed in 1989, they have released seven full-length albums and a number of singles and remixes. Over the course of their career they have evolved from a succession of styles, as well as steadily pioneered a combination of styles of death metal, groove metal, thrash metal and industrial metal. The resultant sound proved to be enormously influential on the metal scene from the mid-90s and onwards.The band has performed at three Ozzfests as well as the inaugural Gigantour and has had singles in the US Mainstream Rock Top 40 and albums in the Billboard Top 40, 100 and 200. Prior to 2001 they have toured around 2000 shows. They have sold over 1 million albums in the U.S. alone

Fear Factory’s innovative approach towards, and hybridization of the genres of industrial metal, death metal and alternative metal has had a lasting impact on metal music ever since the release of their first album in 1992. Fear Factory is noteworthy among contemporaries for their lyrical focus on science fiction, with much of their music telling a single story spanning several concept albums.

The band has often been called a "stepping stone" leading mainstream listeners to venture into less-known/more extreme bands, and are consistently appreciated.

Machine Head vocalist Robert Flynn, Chimaira vocalist Mark Hunter and Spineshank guitarist Mike Sarkisyan have cited Fear Factory as an influence. Robert Flynn stated his vocal style was influenced by Burton Bell's vocals and that Machine Head have been wrongly credited for the vocal style. Mark Hunter stated that Chimaira's drumming was heavily influenced by Raymond Herrera. Other bands that have Fear Factory in their liner notes include Disturbed, Static-X & Coal Chamber.

Modern bands such as Mnemic, Scarve, Sybreed, Threat Signal, and Last Scene Ends contain significant influences of the band’s technique and have also credited a substantial debt of gratitude to the band. Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy has said that “Fear Factory are close to our hearts?? and that “Soul of a New Machine was the influence for me to start my other project, 'Pain'??.

Devin Townsend of Strapping Young Lad stated his main influences for Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing were Fear Factory and Napalm Death. In an interview on That Metal Show, Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward stated that Fear Factory is one of the bands he wishes he could play with.

Fear Campaign

tpyrLTn1EaU

Powershifter

kRH2-1F_dD4

I F*cking love this band. Not only are they brutally heavy, but I love Burton's powerful melodic clean singing, and his awesome death growls. I highly recommend their last album - Mechanize. In my opinion it's one of their best albums, and was easily one of the best metal albums of 2010.

In an interview during the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise, vocalist Burton C. Bell revealed that Fear Factory is planning to write and record a "full-on concept" album, likely to be released in 2012.

I'm already excited for this. They've got their work cut if they want to top Mechanize. I do hope they keep Gene Hoglan. He's a monster on the drums.

Mjah...Soul of a New Machine and Demanufacture are pretty good. Every after sucks.

Also, they where never heavy. Not even close.

Not amazing, but a decent band! Mechanize was pretty cool, and I liked Demanufacture as well.

Also, Gene Hoglan's drumming. :wub:

Sign in to follow this