Sign in to follow this  
Dillinger

[SOLVED] Fixed width rotating banner?

Hey!

When I browse the site's font page, the page warps in height and width by +/- 50px at every rotating banner change, because the rotating banners are all different sizes.

I'm wondering if we could make it so that the containing div of the rotating banner has a set maxWidth and maxHeight, so it wouldn't warp the front page.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm trying to replicate this issue but none of the banners are warping the page for me now. When it does, I'll copy the link of the banners that does it.

The error is not the rotating bands banner, it is actually the Official Reviews banner.

Specs: Mac OS X 10.11.5

Browser: Chrome 52.0.2743.82 (64-bit)

Resolution: 1020 height x 967 width 

Youtube Video with the error:

Ignore my spinning cursor at the rotating bands banner. I realized it was the Reviews banner after recording the video. :x

Spoiler

Happens:

0:06-0:08
0:18

Edited by Dillinger

Nope, I mean your full screen resolution; for example, one of the standard sizes, 1366x768, 1920x1080, and so on.

With the debug mode enabled on the right, it will take up some space of the width which isn't how the forum is supposed to look like normally.

You should move the debug panel to the bottom instead.

Currently, I'm using a 1366x768 screen resolution, and I have no problem with the various sizes of the review banners. At least it isn't dynamically resizing the forum every time a review banner rotates. I admit that we should have a standard size for review banners though in order to prevent similar problems.

If your screen resolution is smaller than that, the forum would just switch to the mobile/tablet version instead.

Sign in to follow this