Sign in to follow this  
MY BFF HEIDI

How do I get around copy and paste blocks?

If the lyrics showed up I would write them out for you. :|

I don't know of a way to bypass that copy-paste block, though. Firefox normally ignores it for most sites, but it doesn't on that one.

If the lyrics showed up I would write them out for you. :|

I don't know of a way to bypass that copy-paste block, though. Firefox normally ignores it for most sites, but it doesn't on that one.

Thanks. :') I could it that, but I'd rather just copy and paste it if I can.

And I think it doesn't work because the lyrics themselves are a flash file. (I think?) Oh well. And allisappe, that didn't work. :(

Ok, I fucking HATE it when sites try to prevent you from copying basic information like that. Japanese especially are so draconian about lyrics, as if reading them in one location is somehow different from copy+pasting them onto a fansite and reading them there.

So as such, I always do my best to copy stuff that they don't want me to. Most sites tend to use JavaScript solutions, which are easy as balls to turn off/figure out the source files/etc. ...Unfortunately, being a huge site, goo is smarter than that :(

You were mostly right; they use a JavaScript solution that renders the lyrics primarily in an HTML canvas/Silverlight/Flash if your browser doesn't support canvas. And all of those things, by their nature, are impossible to make selectable.

Of course, the JavaScript still needs to be fed the actual source file from somewhere; it's not as the lyrics can just appear out of thin air. Unfortunately, they beat us there too :( They use a separate JavaScript chunk which communicates the song ID to a PHP page, which I assume then pulls the lyric file from wherever it's stored. In most cases, you'd just be able to call up the PHP page itself (supplying it with the same ID of course) and get the results, but they even have that one covered! When not accessed from their script, the PHP page is blank.

So basically, they are smart little assholes, and there's really no way around it, as much as I wish that weren't the reality of it ;(

---

There is one shitty solution that I can give you, but it might not even be worth it to you:

Take a screenshot of the page, and crop so only the lyrics are displayed. Upload the file here. This is an online OCR that will try to read the image and pull out the text. It's decent, considering the task it has to pull off, but you wouldn't want to rely on it for something important. I'd say it's maybe 80% accurate, aside from the occasional line that is completely wrong.

(Alternative note: If you can find one string that looks perfectly accurate, you can try Googling that and see if the full lyrics have been posted somewhere. I already tried that for this particular song and didn't seem to find anything, but maybe you'll have better luck.)

Once you have the text output, depending your skills, you can compare it to the original image and fix the disparate kanji by hand (I tend to use WWWJDIC's multi-radical kanji page to help with that). It's pretty intimidating, but you'd be surprised how well you can do if you just work hard at it. And then you just have to romanize the guy, but I'm assuming you can do that, and if not, there are tons of people who'll gladly romanize.

---

Sorry for the super long winded reply, but man that pisses me off. I had a friend that did that once (although she used the Playskool ver. JavaScript only method that I mentioned earlier) at her fansite, as if her information was somehow exclusive and not fit for public consumption (thus defeating the purpose of a fansite, I would assume?!). Still haven't gotten over that shit.

Anyway, so yeah, fuck goo and all the sites that do that, and I hope you persevere. And then post the lyrics all over the internet just to spite them. God speed.

Inartisitic already said some things I wanted to say XD

It's maybe a flash or image file where are the lyrics. I checked all ways I know but I couldnot find it's location.

Just find other place with the same song, goo is not good :3

search lyrics in here, not in google http://www.yahoo.co.jp/

@Kyo

ofcourse google can in this case. but try with グレイシア, or more unknown band and google will have almost no results for lyrics.

searching japanese lyrics by japanese search engine is reasonable D;

Ok, I fucking HATE it when sites try to prevent you from copying basic information like that. Japanese especially are so draconian about lyrics, as if reading them in one location is somehow different from copy+pasting them onto a fansite and reading them there.

So as such, I always do my best to copy stuff that they don't want me to. Most sites tend to use JavaScript solutions, which are easy as balls to turn off/figure out the source files/etc. ...Unfortunately, being a huge site, goo is smarter than that :(

You were mostly right; they use a JavaScript solution that renders the lyrics primarily in an HTML canvas/Silverlight/Flash if your browser doesn't support canvas. And all of those things, by their nature, are impossible to make selectable.

Of course, the JavaScript still needs to be fed the actual source file from somewhere; it's not as the lyrics can just appear out of thin air. Unfortunately, they beat us there too :( They use a separate JavaScript chunk which communicates the song ID to a PHP page, which I assume then pulls the lyric file from wherever it's stored. In most cases, you'd just be able to call up the PHP page itself (supplying it with the same ID of course) and get the results, but they even have that one covered! When not accessed from their script, the PHP page is blank.

So basically, they are smart little assholes, and there's really no way around it, as much as I wish that weren't the reality of it ;(

---

There is one shitty solution that I can give you, but it might not even be worth it to you:

Take a screenshot of the page, and crop so only the lyrics are displayed. Upload the file here. This is an online OCR that will try to read the image and pull out the text. It's decent, considering the task it has to pull off, but you wouldn't want to rely on it for something important. I'd say it's maybe 80% accurate, aside from the occasional line that is completely wrong.

(Alternative note: If you can find one string that looks perfectly accurate, you can try Googling that and see if the full lyrics have been posted somewhere. I already tried that for this particular song and didn't seem to find anything, but maybe you'll have better luck.)

Once you have the text output, depending your skills, you can compare it to the original image and fix the disparate kanji by hand (I tend to use WWWJDIC's multi-radical kanji page to help with that). It's pretty intimidating, but you'd be surprised how well you can do if you just work hard at it. And then you just have to romanize the guy, but I'm assuming you can do that, and if not, there are tons of people who'll gladly romanize.

---

Sorry for the super long winded reply, but man that pisses me off. I had a friend that did that once (although she used the Playskool ver. JavaScript only method that I mentioned earlier) at her fansite, as if her information was somehow exclusive and not fit for public consumption (thus defeating the purpose of a fansite, I would assume?!). Still haven't gotten over that shit.

Anyway, so yeah, fuck goo and all the sites that do that, and I hope you persevere. And then post the lyrics all over the internet just to spite them. God speed.

Agreed. I hate it!

I've found the song on a few other sites, but I was mainly interested in goo because they have the lyrics for so many artists. And they weren't always like this - I remember being able to copy and paste from there around a year or so ago. But now they're assholes. I can't believe they've gone through SO much trouble!

I've found the song (and a lot more lyrics to others that goo never had) on a few other sites. Thanks guys. : )

Sign in to follow this