Sign in to follow this  
lukrecia

Kvelertak

4882091627_ed64b1fa18_b.jpg

MYSPACE

Kvelertak is a six-piece rock band from Stavanger, Norway. All lyrics are written in Norwegian, the band's native language, and concerning Norse mythology/Viking folklore. As of today, the six members are: Erlend Hjelvik (vocals), Vidar Landa (guitar), Bjarte Lund Rolland (guitar), Maciek Ofstad (guitar), Marvin Nygaard (bass), and Kjetil Gjermundrød (drums). Known for their particular and consisted sound, the band states that their main influences are rock and roll, black metal and punk.

So, I first met with these guys, when they opened for Converge, during the awesome Kvelertak / Gaza / Kylesa / Converge tour, and it was an instant love for me. Their music can be described, the following way: the core of the music is Turbonegro, mixed with Baroness-like chords and with black metal. Something, which is usually described as black 'n' roll, with some stoner hardcore hints. The producer of the album was Kurt Ballou, who is the guitarist of Converge. Their lyrics are norwegian, but I think, it won't bother anyone. Oh, and I advise you to check them on the stage, if you can, they are awesome, when it comes to live performances, the vocalist was in contact with the crowd during the whole concert (and he went into the crowd for some pogo too!), and they really seemed to enjoy the concert. A band that I highly recommend for everyone!

CmhVKq-vUMs

So, anybody here, who knows/likes them? :3

I've heard their albums a few times and I hate it. Lame band is lame, and so on.

Also, this band has nothing to do with the so-called "Black 'n' Roll" scene, not Black Metal in general. Only thing about this band that's Black Metal is the vocals, but the music itself has nothing at all to do with Black Metal. It's just Rock 'n' Roll with some hints of Hardcore.

Sign in to follow this