Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

LUNA SEA self-cover album "LUNA SEA" March 16, 2011!

Wonder what the catch is.

Someone fainting on stage in the middle of the performance a la X Japan? :?

Interesting, though I was personally hoping for that "new material" they promised. I guess I would still like to hear the old songs in full/better quality, though I have doubts about how Ryuuchi is going to go about recreating those vocals.

so anyone knows what's the bonus goods for the 10000yen version yet?

cdjapan says "this box set includes a reprint of a original bonus, which was also released in 1991".

so anyone knows what's the bonus goods for the 10000yen version yet?

All I know is that it will have the CD, a replica of their Shade demotape (originally released in 1989 limited to 1000 copies), and "other luxurious premium goods", as the official statement puts it.

(source)

Joined just so I could point this out to those who mentioned the bad quality of the original album: You guys do know that in '07 Luna Sea's first 3 albums were digitally remastered and re-released right? I myself never listened to the original Luna Sea album due to the bad quality either, but after hearing the re-release, I have to say it is quite amazing. While there's no doubt I will be pre-ordering the one with the most content, my question is; will the self-cover merely be the band re-recording the same songs, or will it be like Dir en grey's latest side-B singles that completely revamp the content, structure, and lyrics of the song?

will the self-cover merely be the band re-recording the same songs, or will it be like Dir en grey's latest side-B singles that completely revamp the content, structure, and lyrics of the song?

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question yet. Officially they say it's a "self-cover album", so it can be either.

However it will be, I'm really excited to hear the re-recordings (although I don't have any problem with the original either, it's good as far as that era was in terms of visual kei production).

Damn, it's a cool cover art.

There's something mystical with full moon.

Classic with black and white.

And i want that tees!

Gawd, hope it's not too late to purchase it now xD

also,

It makes me thinking, about why they re-recording this self titled.

Other than the album have never been re-remastered but one track for best album.

Since they planned for reunite and doing more activities.

And possibly some new albums in the future.

Self titled is like saying they doing it from the scratch again.

Like next chapter of their career. Something like that.

What do you think? Anybody feels the same about this?

I'm guessing because they have grown a lot in all these years and now have access to high quality gear they felt it would be good to rerecord their first album with much better production quality. They know they made great songs on that album but they were never used to their full potential. But now they can.

It's also easier than creating a brand new album because the songwriting part has already been done long ago.

My computer won't play the previews on the website. :( It says it does not support the file type and searching for an add-on to support the file type has no results. :( Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

They did say something like that actually. And that they also chose to re-record their first album because they think it fits their current style and state of mind best (or something along those lines).

My computer won't play the previews on the website.

My PC automatically plays it in Winamp but it's a format that Windows Media Player should recognize.

Anyway, found the previews on youtube (in one vid):

bYUSBR-p-yQ

I'm very excited for this! I wish, however, that they would revamp some of my favorite of their songs... Shine... I For You... and Tonight i think are my favorites.

They did say something like that actually. And that they also chose to re-record their first album because they think it fits their current style and state of mind best (or something along those lines).

Their current style must be so good,

because this re-recording samples already sounds excellent! :dansu:

Sign in to follow this