Sign in to follow this  
Mirai e

Looking for Interviews

Hello. I'm doing a school project on Visual Kei (specifically, comparing and contrasting the music category to the fashion/style) and I'd like everybody's help searching for sources. I'm looking specifically for any interviews with vk band members that mention the band's purpose -- why they chose to make the kind of music that they do / why they chose vk fashion and what message they are trying to send to their audience with their music/fashion, that kind of stuff.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can come up with anything! ^.^

Would that interview even help? I know a lot of musicians came out and said that it was greatly exaggerated and I don't know if it was OP was searching for specifically.

that interview is very shady, and a lot of it makes me feel like it's bullshit; but it is still very interesting.

And you would assume that VK bands would stand up and say it's bullshit if they were under direct control of management

That VK intervist is quite shocking, but in some parts is really reliable, unluckily. I just think that normal (not mad/psycothic/angry with all other every VK fan) fans EXIST. I hate mono-mania on bands. Well, I am not really open to other genres (I am limited to VK, Metal, hardrock, gothic and some jpop), but most horrible thing is mono-mania band. I understand favourite band, but, damn.

I second purple sky thing. And, try to check CURE's interview on the two artits on the (two) cover(s). Covers-artist interview are in English :mrgreen: so, you should look on jrock_scans at livejournal.

Take a look at MusicJapan+. Then look for interviews of the band 'D'. They often talk about it, I hope this helps!

Sign in to follow this