Sign in to follow this  
sai

D - In the name of justice

Now that D released something again, I guess it's my turn to post a review again. Before I heard the full single I already heard previews, and they really raised my expectations.

In the name of justice - This is D as we know them. This is when they kick ass. Asagi's voice is better than on the last single, since they cut out the moaning this time. The guitar is really nice as well. Asagi's screamo has improved as well, though it's not amazing yet. Don't have much more to say about this. 9/10

Nightly Knights - I was pretty surprised that this started so br00tal, as Jonjon put it. Judging from the preview and the intro I thought this would be a calmer song, but Asagi immediately started screaming when the guitars started playin. To be honest, I don't like it very much. Tsunehito's bass playing is nice to listen too, but Asagi's screaming kind of kills my ears. It improves when the normal vocals cut in and after that the solo. I'm addicted to the chorus, it's great and really shows Asagi's potential. Another 9/10

夜??眼??????詩人 - A calmer song. And a damn good one at that. I love the atmosphere surrounding this song, Asagi's vocals, the accoustic guitar and the traditional instruments in the background. I don't really like the ending, they could've ended this better. It sounds like Asagi quickly finished it because he had to go to the bathroom or something. Still very good. 9/10

Grand Master - This is the reason why I didn't rate the other songs 10/10. Because this one is better and I can't give a higher note. I have no idea what to say about this but "FUCK YEAH!!!!" 10/10

Rating: 9.5/10

Another awesome release by D, much better than Akaki Hitsuji. I'm looking forward to their album release next year!!

in name of justice- 6/10 Not bad, but I hate the chorus kind of.

nightly knights 8/10 Good stuff going on in here, but a little messy

grand master 8.5/10 fun song.

夜??眼??????詩人- 9/10 Very beautiful and great vocally.

Their singles are always pretty good quality! And they give us 4 songs. 8/10

I loved this single a lot, it made me happy. In the name is really catchy, Knights has a lot of different interesting things going on, and I can't get over how beautiful Yoru no Me is. The only song I wasn't as excited about was Grand Master, I'm kind of on the fence about it. It reminds me a lot of Heiron.

Super excited for the album now.

liked Akaki Hitsuji more but this one is good too :) the title song is quite good and catchy though not amazing. nightly nights is my favourite, it's interesting and kinda 'fresh' to me. grand master's very powerful and the chorus is great. and like other said before, 夜??眼??????詩人 is beautiful though it bores me a little bit. overally, maybe 8/10 :D I'm looking forward to their new album, I hope it will be longer and less rushed than 7th Rose (I liked it very much though) :)

Messy, generic as hell and more metal than their other recent stuff. No ty. 4/10

LOL they don't know the rules of chess. First thing I thought when I saw Phones signature. :P

They need to watch out for copying themselves. I heard some vocal melodies which I'm sure were copied from other songs and only slightly adjusted. Especially in the title song. It isn't bad by any means, but not very impressive either. Just enjoyable. Same goes for the other songs. Grand Master however is better than the other songs on the single. So 7.5/10 for that and 6.5/10 for the rest.

LOL they don't know the rules of chess. First thing I thought when I saw Phones signature. :P

Lol that's why I chose it as a signature, because nothing of that was legal at all XD

I have no idea how to play chess but can 4 people play?

I thought it was only 2.

It's a two player game. I wonder what kind of chess D was playing?

Here's some info on chess:

Chess is a two-player board game played on a chessboard, a square-checkered board with 64 squares arranged in an eight-by-eight grid. Each player begins the game with sixteen pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns. The object of the game is to checkmate the opponent's king, whereby the king is under immediate attack (in "check") and there is no way to remove or defend it from attack on the next move. The game's present form emerged in Europe during the second half of the 15th century, an evolution of an older Indian game, Shatranj. Theoreticians have developed extensive chess strategies and tactics since the game's inception. Computers have been used for many years to create chess-playing programs, and their abilities and insights have contributed significantly to modern chess theory. One, Deep Blue, was the first machine to beat a reigning World Chess Champion when it defeated Garry Kasparov in 1997.

The tradition of organized competitive chess started during the 16th century. The first official World Chess Champion, Wilhelm Steinitz, claimed his title in 1886; the current World Champion is Viswanathan Anand from India. In addition to the World Championship, there is also the Women's World Championship, the Junior World Championship, the World Senior Championship, the Correspondence Chess World Championship, the World Computer Chess Championship, and Blitz and Rapid World Championships (see fast chess). The Chess Olympiad is a popular competition among teams from different nations. Online chess has opened amateur and professional competition to a wide and varied group of players. Chess is a recognized sport of the International Olympic Committee and international chess competition is sanctioned by the FIDE. Today, chess is one of the world's most popular games, played by millions of people worldwide at home, in clubs, online, by correspondence, and in tournaments. Some other popular forms of chess are fast chess and computer chess. There are also many chess variants that have different rules, different pieces, different boards, etc. Some of these variants include blindfold chess, anywhere chess, and Fischer 960.

Off topic: I like playing chess, even though I'm not as good as for about 10 years ago. But it's fun if you play with someone around your own level.

Off topic: I like playing chess, even though I'm not as good as for about 10 years ago. But it's fun if you play with someone around your own level.

When was the last time you played chess?

BTW, is it possible that they have different chess rules in japan (which D is playing)? 4 players? Anyone who knows?

I was playing a lot of chess this summer, but I couldn't play at my best since I was playing kids. And as a teacher you're not supossed to beat the shit out of them in games. Sadly.

But a couple of years ago since I played someone at my best. And before that there was a few years since I last played and so on. Why are you asking?

I expected it to be more.. I don't know, royal or something, lol. It definitely sounded D, and I liked the single, but I was expecting more.. Actually, I would want to hear them play LIBIDO by Versailles. It was a song along the lines of LIBIDO I was expecting, I think. It surely sounds more 'knightly' or royal to me than this did, haha.

However, D haven't managed to create much that I dislike. I like this single a lot too. The calmer track is awesome.

I'm bored, so I'll also do a (short) review:

In the name of justice

I liked the last single more than this one, but the chorus is kinda catchy. Nice riffs and vocals are okay too.

8,5/10

Nightly Knights

As most of the time the B-sides do more to me than the actual title-song.

In my opinion Asagi's screams got much better.

9/10

夜??眼??????詩人

I have to say that I was really surprised by the sound of this one. Not only because I didn't expect a medieval-ish sound, but also because a friend of mine started writing a song which sounds pretty similar to it like a year ago xD Never got it done though~ Back on topic:

This song really did everything to me. The atmosphere is awesome and everything just matches everything.

10/10

Grand Master

It's an okay song. The riffs are good, the vocals too. The drums are also matching the whole song.

Pretty catchy when you hear it more than once in a row, but for me there is something missing.

I can't say what it is, though.

8/10

Overall I'll give it a 9/10

This new knight based theme is AWESOME! D is always surprising me and I'm glad they can always create new things without being totally strange from what they always used to be.

Asagi seems to be getting better and better... I mean, his voice skills. And of course, the whole band too, specially Hiroki. He's trying his best!

I suppose the whole Vampire Saga will be so awesome as this single!

Sign in to follow this