Kiryu999

[SOLVED] Looking for a shopping service

Hello,

I want to order something from a japanese website and I'm looking for a shopping service.

Is there anyone who know a good one who doesn't charge too much fees?

Thanks in advance :)

The only two that I really know of are From Japan and Tenso.

There are also quite a few independent shopping services on places like Facebook.

I would recommend From Japan if you intend to buy from an auction, or you plan on buying from a store that doesn't offer credit card or PayPal payment. I have used From Japan a lot, and so have other people that I know. Their fees are alright, but they used to be better. They charge ¥200 per item you purchase, so keep that in mind.

I haven't used Tenso (though I do have an account), but I would recommend it if you plan on purchasing a large amount of items from a shop that accepts credit card/PayPal payment. With Tenso, you are not having somebody make the purchase for you, they are a mail forwarding service. Tenso gives you a free Japanese mailbox address that you can have items shipped to (you can use this mailbox address if you plan to get a Japanese iTunes store account, as well).

Yes, they should be able to buy from there.

Basically, make an account, find the "Place an order" button, enter the URL to the shop and tell them what item you want in the description. They'll get back to you with the costs of the item incl. fees and domestic shipping. You pay them via Paypal or whatever method you prefer, and they buy the item and have it shipped to their warehouse. Once it has arrived you have one month time to choose your preferred shipping method and have the item shipped to you. At that point you'll have to pay a second charge (overseas shipping + fees), and then you wait for it to arrive. :D

They also have a shopping fee calculator, if you want a rough estimate of the overall costs with all fees and such.