Trombe

きのこ帝国(kinoko teikoku) major debut & new maxi single release

きのこ帝国(kinoko teikoku) new maxi single "桜が咲く前に(sakura ga saku mae ni)" will be released through EMI Records at 2015/04/29 (1,296yen)

[track list]
01.桜が咲く前に(sakura ga saku mae ni)
02.Donut
03.スピカ(spica)

I really enjoyed their last album too. I don't see it getting much poppier than that for them, so I'm not too scared about the major debut. It'll be weird to get singles from them when we've only seen mini and full albums so far.

I belong to the camp of people that didn't enjoy their last album, but they're cooking with too many of my favorite musical ingredients for me to write them off just yet.

I have a love-meh relationship with this band. They've shown brief flashes of fantastic songwriting and great potential, but have also pushed out a lot of mediocre stuff and seem to chronically under-deliver overall in that regard. Their stylistic direction as of late hasn't done much to fill me with optimism either. I'll give this a shot though.

Obviously can't tell much from these, but it seems it's in the same vein as Tokyo. I liked their latest album (it's definitely a grower), but I hope they don't completely drop their shoegaze-y elements.