Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

そこに鳴る (sokoninaru) first mini album "I'm NOT a pirolian" release

そこに鳴る (sokoninaru) will release their first mini album "I'm NOT a pirolian" on April 8th, 2015.

TgJSJnm.jpg

そこに鳴る 「I'm NOT a pirolian」

2015.4.8 release

KOCA-84 / 全5曲 / ¥1,315 + tax

KOGA RECORDS

1. pirorhythm stabilizer 〜only your world〜

2. 夏の落とし物

3. ARAGAE!!

4. 真実の花

5. さらば浮世写し絵の如く(do-do gigantic evolution ver)

http://sokoninaru.com/

https://twitter.com/sokoninaru_band

Suped up, 9mm-ish pop-rock is how i'd describe it, although one of my pals likened their sound and set-up to ling. This song isn't bad, and I'm at least interested enough that I'd like to hear more.

Some unpredictable moments in the song. And the vocalist is surprisingly "normal", which might actually work in their favor (distinguishing them from Ling and other bands).

I'm definitely interested in this!

I remember this being played in plug the other day, they definitely have my attention so far... need to listen to the mini when it comes out to see if they can win me over, but at this juncture it seems like they have potential.

just have to wait and see in April :)

It seems like this band has a lot of potential as far as the instrumentals are concerned, but the poppy overtones hold it back a bit. I feel like I need to hear the rest of the mini before I can say anything else.

It seems like this band has a lot of potential as far as the instrumentals are concerned, but the poppy overtones hold it back a bit. I feel like I need to hear the rest of the mini before I can say anything else.

Exactly. When you strip this song of those few technical bits, the songwriting is pedestrian at best - and it feels a bit gimmicky because of that. Perhaps I'm a bit jaded because I've seen so many bands over the years with potential fail to deliver.

But yeah, I'll postpone my skepticism until this release drops.

Sign in to follow this