Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

The only show I'm trying to watch is Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi (Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon), otherwise known as the Inuyasha sequel that no one asked for. 

Hard to tell you if the show is good or not, the first couple episodes were kinda of filler/fan-service (not a good start) and the vibe I get is more on the lines of some sort of FanFic made into a studio anime and not a proper successor to the original show. I am very biased, so maybe it's that, but I feel they already "shat the bed" by giving the story no concrete plot 5 episodes in and the characters are a real bore (nothing special about them aside from being descendants of the previous cast).

@YuyoDrift thanks for confirming my suspicion. I haven't picked it up yet but it looks exactly like what it is, an empty nostalgia cashgrab just like every other 90s anime revival thing going on atm. Like Cardcaptor Clear Card arc 🤮i'll try an episode or two of Yashahime just to see how bad it is for myself tho.

Speaking of, you gonna watch this? Since it's only a 'remake', I'm kinda hyped...

I started watching Demon Slayers, and I'm enjoying the plot so far. I'm interested in the strong bond that Tanjirou and Nezuko share, and I also like Tanjirou's character. I can't wait to see what kind of role the supporting cast/side characters will play.

Picked up Fruits Basket (the remake) since I remember watching the original anime many years ago. I'm curious to see how this new one will turn out, considering the anime technically never finished the plot as the manga was still ongoing at the time.

Sad to hear that the new Inuyasha anime is turning out to be more fanservice than actual story plot, though.

6 hours ago, platy said:

I haven't picked it up yet but it looks exactly like what it is, an empty nostalgia cashgrab just like every other 90s anime revival thing going on atm.

2 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Sad to hear that the new Inuyasha anime is turning out to be more fanservice than actual story plot, though.

I'd still give it the 3-Episode rule, since I am being biased a bit (maybe justified, idk). 

You could end up liking it, but just know there is only one type of demographic that will enjoy this storyline.....

6 hours ago, platy said:

Speaking of, you gonna watch this? Since it's only a 'remake', I'm kinda hyped...

My bother and a couple friends have been gushing over this, so most likely yeah, I'll be watching it lol.

Not sure if my rose-tinted nostalgia glasses are gonna be judging the crap out of it, but we'll see.

Finished JJBA part 5 and I'm sad because this series never failed to give me a much need serotonin boost.

Moving onto Hunter x Hunter and I even picked up Jujutsu Kaisen because I keep hearing good things about it and the art style is pretty nice.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:13 AM, monkeybanana4 said:

I started watching Demon Slayers, and I'm enjoying the plot so far. I'm interested in the strong bond that Tanjirou and Nezuko share, and I also like Tanjirou's character. I can't wait to see what kind of role the supporting cast/side characters will play.

Picked up Fruits Basket (the remake) since I remember watching the original anime many years ago. I'm curious to see how this new one will turn out, considering the anime technically never finished the plot as the manga was still ongoing at the time.

yo honestly demon slayer easily became one of my favorites its soooo pretty and the manga was a wild ride