Sign in to follow this  
maki.filth

Fall of Efrafa

l_61bc4be0a92640bd2bada78dff46ebfd.jpg

FALL OF EFRAFA (2005 - 2009) was an atmospheric post hardcore band influenced by the mythological and political overtones in the book "Watership Down" by Richard Adams. A concept project, a trilogy of records known collectively as "The Warren Of Snares" - Owsla, Elil and Inlé. The narrative follows an iron age society oppressed by a theocratic rule, dying at the hands of ignorant ideology, their struggle to overcome both physical and mental hardship and to strike out against the ultimate enemy, the encroachment of man.

The band made their final live performance on Saturday 5th December 2009.

http://www.last.fm/music/Fall+Of+Efrafa

http://www.myspace.com/fallofefrafa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbbU1IgWdc4

I saw them in a basement in Columbus once. I really really love this band, but when they were like "oh respect each others personal space please and by that we mean no moshing BLAH BLAH BLAH", they pissed everyone off. We all know mindless headbanging is not satisfying whilst at a crust show in a basement.

Anywho, Owsla and Elil lp make my ears tingle with delight but their last release Inlé sucked hard. Disappointed me.

Anyone else like them? Or even heard of them?

Amazing band! ALl their three albums are beyond great, to be honest.

And about the "no moshing" shit. I respect them for that. If I EVER stand on a scene and I see people mosh I will tell them to stop or we'll end the concert right away. Nothing is as pathetic and lame as moshing. It should be allowed to bring guns to concerts and blow every mosher's brain out. That's how fucking annoying it is.

I really thought they could have done so much better on the last one, but it is a matter of opinion.

Personally I like moshing since I've been into the punk scene around here since I was like 13, and grew up listening to it. I really really hate that hardcore dancing shit though, I don't mind getting pushed around but getting kicked in the back of the head because some little douchey kids think they look cool pisses me right off. Punk kids like to mosh, and about 98% of the people at that show were punks. So it was just weird to be told "don't do this". Again a matter of opinion or preference I guess.

But same thing goes for my boyfriends band, if people start hardcore dancing they will stop playing and just walk away because that shits not cool.

I think their last album was very good.

I've been into all kinds of Punk for a long time as well, but I still find moshing to be beyond pathetic. The fucking ninjas wouldn't be welcomed at my gig either. They're just as pathetic as the moshers.

Hmm, maybe I should give it a listen again. I occasionally don't give things a chance. I generally don't like change.

LOL fucking ninjas. Sorry that was amusing to me. Nothing pisses me off more than those kids since I got kicked in the back of the head by one, but it's ok, whooped his ass and then he got kicked out of the venue because I knew the owner.

Of course you should give it a chance. Most albums deserve at least 10 listens before putting it away/deleting it. Changes can go both way. Some bands pull it off, others doesn't.

That's kinda lame. If he kicked you because of his dancing style, and you whooped him the both of you should have been thrown out.

Sometimes I can't handle 10 listens. I think i have it stashed away on my computer somewhere. So I'll find it and try again.

and no no it wasn't an accident on his part. The kid did it on purpose because I pushed him out of my way after asking him to move several times while I was carrying a heavy ass head for my boyfriend who was busy with an amp. Technically in the end it was in self defense.

I listened again several times and it still feels boring to me...

Anyway have you heard Alex's new band Light Bearer? They have only have one song up on their myspace, it seems boring but, I'm waiting for more.

http://www.myspace.com/aesahaettr

And since you know of Fall, have you heard Masakari? They're also on Halo of Flies. I love those guys, known them for a few years now.

Sign in to follow this