Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Professor Richard D Wolff on Marxism & Capitalism in relation to American today

Here's a clip taken from one of my favorite shows on air "Real Time with Bill Maher". It's a short, but introspective interview in which Economics Professor Richard Wolff addresses "the American Dream" and discusses some of the aspects of Marxism and Capitalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-6nrAnDGyU

Yo dude you have to link it since the video owner doesn't allow video playback on external websites besides youtube... and yeah I'm a big fan of "Real Time with Bill Maher" I watch it every Friday night and I also caught this interview, It's a pretty interesting conversation. I wasn't even aware of what Marxism was before seeing it, but It overall was a pretty great interview that is very informing.

Exactly. I wish there were more academics like him who would try to bridge the gap between "professional scholars" and the public.

This has been a perennial problem in universities all over the world. What's really sad is that most people find politics, the law, economics, etc. off-putting and suspect they're just pretentious stuff of interest only to the professors sitting in their offices, when the reality is that these issues affect each and every one of us whether we know it or not.

Sign in to follow this