Sign in to follow this  
stylelover

[SOLVED] anyone from korea here?

probably a really long shot, but im searching for someone whos able to buy at any of the korean digital music stores.

found some release i want and its not on itunes. failed horribly to buy it on any korean store.

either they dont allow me to reigster (even with a proxy, because you need a cellphone or whatever), or im able to register but as a foreigner im unable to use any of the payment methods that are offered on the site.

http://www.melon.com/album/detail.htm?albumId=2265962 its this.

i basically tried out every store (like daum, naver, mnet, olleh) and everything i could think of in the last few days, but no chance. at only two sites i got further then the registration process and one of them offered no payment options i could use and the other one insisted that im not in korea , even though i used a proxy,sigh.

ofc my last option would be to buy the physical cd, but the digital release is way cheaper.

Yeah, I'll check if I can get it. A few websites are off limits for me too though, but I've bought from Mnet before without a problem :)

Edit: I checked and I can get it through Mnet. I'll do it one of these days if that's ok with you?

Yea its on mnet too and thanks for the help :)

Do you know why digital sales in korea are so restricted? i was really surprised. as far as i understood at some sites you even need to put in smth like your social security number to access the mp3/flacs?? i dont get it.

edit: sure. i can wait. im just glad that i might be able to listen to it. saw the pv one week ago and insantly fell in love.

Do you know why digital sales in korea are so restricted? i was really surprised. as far as i understood at some sites you even need to put in smth like your social security number to access the mp3/flacs?? i dont get it.

Btw seems like korean itunes contains no music, only apps. Weird

Everything that needs signing up in Korea is with your social security or alien registration code. It keeps people from making multiple accounts and/or impersonating others. I guess it has its advantages and disadvantages. I never really buy digital releases so I don't really care much, but I agree it's often a mess for those who do.

Soribada is open to foreigners, but they don't have everything.

I understand. Theres definitely good points about it, but atm i only see the bad points ofc, haha.

yea i checked soribada after itunes, but its not there .

(also tell me how to pay you when you get it. i also have a bounty at jps if you are there)