TrentReznor

Buying tickets to Japanese shows from outside of Japan

Hi there,

Im september I´d like to go to Mucc's final show (Im living in Beijing...so it wouldnt be that long travel), but I wondering how to buy tickets. Anyone has experience on this (not just Mucc...but any j-rock show there)?

I saw that the normal sales will start on aug 2...but where to buy? eplus.jp? any other place? Do they send abroad the tickets? anything important i need to know before the sale starts?

thanks for all the info!

I never bought a ticket from outside Japan, so if anyone wants to correct me, feel free to do so.

Japanese sites are notoriously bad at serving overseas costumers. Most of these sites don't even seem to acknowledge the existance of possible customers from outside Japan, ie. they often don't ship overseas, they don't accept payment methods common to the rest of the world (like Paypal), and some even only accept japanese credit cards. So you may end up having to use a shopping service. I'm pretty sure that FromJapan helps with tickets too. Of course there will be an additional handling fee, but it might be your safest bet.

I never bought a ticket from outside Japan, so if anyone wants to correct me, feel free to do so.

Japanese sites are notoriously bad at serving overseas costumers. Most of these sites don't even seem to acknowledge the existance of possible customers from outside Japan, ie. they often don't ship overseas, they don't accept payment methods common to the rest of the world (like Paypal), and some even only accept japanese credit cards. So you may end up having to use a shopping service. I'm pretty sure that FromJapan helps with tickets too. Of course there will be an additional handling fee, but it might be your safest bet.

True. Just read this. This guy's friend also tried to get tickets from outside Japan, and the other guy replied, "They can buy tickets from outside Japan, but still they need an address in Japan."

http://okwave.jp/qa/q6137760.html

As for the address, this guy asked the hotel to keep the tickets until check-in.

http://okwave.jp/qa/q1899358.html

Totally no problem to order tickets outside of japan - just let a travel service with connections to JTB handle this... I've bought some tickets that way and it worked like a charm - the tickets were sent to my hotel, I just had to pick them up at the hotel reception upon arrival. I did so with all shows where I were not sure weather or not the shows will sell out short- or long term. For shows I didn't expect that tho happen I just bought the tickets when I was in Japan (loppi machines with L-Numbers for Lawson-Tickets most of the time)...

http://www.jtbgmt.com/en/

thanks everyone for the tips! 

I was afraid about the japanese address thing, but with the hotel or the help of a friend (clear1985) I guess it can be solved.

Just one last question...usually the tickets there are numerated or just need to go early and wait in line for a good place?

It depends on how big the gig is. When going to smaller ones, let's say at takadanobaba area etc, then they're numbered and it doesn't matter if you'll spend all evening outside. But at bigger events I'm not sure...

At the bigger events I've been to, your tickets are still numbered and they'll generally let you in by groups(like A1-20 then A21-40, etc etc).