Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Slowdive

2rgdn4m.jpg

Slowdive is a dream pop/shoegaze band that formed in 1989 in Reading, England, United Kingdom. Signed to Creation Records in 1990 and initially championed by the British music press, the band scored a UK top forty entry with their debut album Just for a Day. 

The band consists of Rachel Goswell (vocals/guitar), Neil Halstead (vocals/guitar), Nick Chaplin (bass),Christian Savill (guitar), and Simon Scott (drums, 1990-1994, 2014-present); additionally, Ian McCutcheonreplaced Scott from 1994-1995. Goswell and Halstead had known each other since early childhood in Reading, Berkshire. The band reunited in 2014.

Considering they're my all time favorite shoegaze band and that they just reunited, it seemed appropriate to make a thread for these guys. Needless to say I love their music. Souvlaki is a shoegaze masterpiece. Even if you're not familiar with the genre, but enjoy good alternative rock or indie music you should check it out.

I'm dying to see them live, but they've only announced 2 dates so far. One in Spain and one in London. I think both have sold out. There has also been hints of possible new music. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for U.S concert dates and a new album. 

Souvlaki is one of the most nostalgic sounding records I've ever heard and I love it to bits. "When The Sun Hits" :wub:

The Music on Vinyl label is re-releasing the compilation Blue Day on april 18 (record store day) but apparently Slowdive isn't so pleased saying that they didn't know about it until they read it on Twitter and that they won't get much out of it. Shady business.

Slowdive are beautifully amazing. Souvlaki just passes my head to an extraordinary feel of happiness.

I happily own just for a day 2011 release on Vinyl. The best played on turntable

im so salty that they came to toronto but i couldn't attend :(

souvlaki is easily one of the most timeless indie rock releases and it sounds more amazing with every listen

im so salty that they came to toronto but i couldn't attend :(

souvlaki is easily one of the most timeless indie rock releases and it sounds more amazing with every listen

same here! i asked too many days off for different concerts throughout the month. oh the pain. couldnt go

also for MBV as well...

same here! i asked too many days off for different concerts throughout the month. oh the pain. couldnt go

also for MBV as well...

aw that sucks :( are you also from toronto? i really wanted to attend MBV's show but it was on a horrible day :( hopefully they come again.

aw that sucks :( are you also from toronto? i really wanted to attend MBV's show but it was on a horrible day :( hopefully they come again.

naw i live more down. sadly I believe MBV announced that it was their last tour. some article i read a while ago.

all you could do is hope for a surprise. its a shame  : T

I couldn't care less about Pitchfork's music reviews but this little classics TV thing they do is nice.

It has interviews with the group's members who talk about the beginnings of Slowdive as well. It's not just on Souvlaki.

50 minutes duration. Slowdive fans got to see this!

^ That documentary was great. 

Literally can't wait for their new album to drop this year.

Never thought I'd hear new slowdive material.

And they have a new tour which kicks off at the end of march. Already bought my tix.

Upcoming Shows:
Mar 27 -- Glasgow, UK -- Art School 
Mar 28 -- Liverpool, UK -- Liverpool Arts Club 
Mar 30 -- Bristol, UK -- The Fleece 
Mar 31 -- The Hague, AN -- Rewire Festival 
Apr 02 -- Paris, FR -- Trabendo 
Apr 03 -- Berlin, DE -- Festsaal 
Apr 30 -- Fort Worth, TX -- Fortress Festival 
May 02 -- St. Paul, MN -- Palace Theatre.
May 03 -- Chicago, IL -- The Vic
May 05 -- Toronto, ON -- Danforth Music Hall
May 07 -- Washington, DC -- 9:30 Club 
May 08-- Brooklyn, NY -- Brooklyn Steel 
May 09 -- Brooklyn, NY -- Brooklyn Steel 
May 10 -- Carrboro, NC -- Cat's Cradle
Jun 03 -- London, UK -- Field Day 
Jun 07 -- Madrid, ES -- Mad Cool Festival

Saw these guys live last night. It was pouring rain, I was wet from top to bottom and ice cold after having been out in the rain for hours, but what a gig and what an experience. I'm actually glad it rained, because it really set the mood for the gig. Massive!

Sign in to follow this