Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Offering Free Mixing/Production

As any beginning musicians may have found out, you can’t simply slap together a vocal track, a bass track, some drum and guitar tracks and expect it to sound good, regardless of how amazing those tracks may sound individually. More often than not the result sounds lackluster, especially when compared to a professionally produced song. The vocals may sound muffled, the guitars may not have bite or sheen, the drums may sound flimsy and lack punch and the bass may be buried. These are some of the many aspects that need to be addressed in the mixing stage in order to get a good result, and it’s part of what I’ll take care of to anyone who’s interested.

Up until now I’ve been learning and applying what I’ve learned about mixing and audio production the past couple of years to my own work. However I wanted to expand to other projects and not have to deal with the writing and recording process for once. Hence I’ve decided to focus completely on mixing and the production side of things. Perhaps you don’t have the equipment, the skill or the time to do your own mixing. So why not give a me a shot? I’ll do it for free and there is no risk or constraint involved to anyone interested. 

I should state that I am by no means a professional. However I do have about 3 years worth of knowledge and practice on the subject. Likewise I don’t have thousands of dollars worth of equipment or plugins like the pro studio's do. I manage with what I do have and I am confident enough to say that I can bring a recording to decent standards and make it a listenable quality. 

Other important things to know.

- The genre doesn’t matter. I’m better at mixing rock and metal, but can do other genres too. 

- I’ll mix a single song, an EP, an album, whatever you want.

- I will work with you and do the best to realize the vison you may have for your music.

- I have the plugins necessary to do EQ, compression, reverb, delay, limiting, stereo widening, noise gating, edit tracks and other necessary tools of the trade.

- If needed I can do pitch correction, vocal glitching, program industrial/electronic passages, do bass drops and all other manner of studio magic.

- You should preferably send me dry tracks at -6 Db. 24 bit WAV to retain quality. 16 bit is fine too.

- I’ll output the finished product to your format(s) of choice. 320k mp3, WAV, mp4, VBR, etc

- In addition you get a copy of the master tracks.

- Unfortunately I don’t have any samples to show. All of my personal songs I’m working on remain unfinished at this moment and I feel uncomfortable sharing incomplete work. If you want to know what I offer, send me a song or a few seconds of track to mix and I’ll send it back to you. If you like what you hear, we’ll take it from there. 

So to any bands or musicians on MH, if you’re interested or have any questions leave a reply or PM me a message. 

^ Cool. I'll add you guys to my list of clients.  I PMed you so we can get in touch and discuss further details.

I've got a another band who I'm mixing for so I still have 2 - 3 available slots. I'll stop once those have been filled so if anyone else wants in now's the time.

Man,that's awesome.

A friend and I are planning a little project during the holidays,and it would be greatif you could be a part of it^^

The only problem that I don't have a good mic,but I may have one for Christmas.

Sure I'd be happy to help. And it's probably a good idea to do your recording with the best gear you can get your hands on. A bad recorded track can't be fixed by any amount of mixing or production. I can guide you guys through the recording process to get the best takes with what you have if needed too. What type of sound is your project aiming for? Rock, pop, metal?

Sign in to follow this