Sign in to follow this  
Greyen

THE TWISTED HARBOR TOWN 1st Mini Album "ENCOUNTERS" release

Japanese hardcore band THE TWISTED HARBOR TOWN announced that their 1st mini album will be released on December 4th

25017_399417786827546_869279102_n.jpg

1st Mini Album
「ENCOUNTERS」
2013/12/4 DROP!!
DEFR-008 \1,600(without tax)

01. Taste Of Blood
02. Rise Up To Determination
03. Countless Scars
04. Shark Attack
05. Won't Die Alone
06. League Of The Shadows

previews can be listened to here:http://thetwistedharbortown.com/

and here:https://soundcloud.com/the-twisted-harbor-town/sets/encounters

source: TTHT OHP and Facebook

Can't wait. I really loved their singles. It feels like it's been ages since they've released something. Probably because they only have 4 songs out officially.

I like this band's style, the band name is quite nice and interesting and instrumentally they are appealing too. My big problem is the vocals and lyrics.. I don't pretend to be a critic about metal vocals because I believe they can sound good even if they aren't how others do them, but these ones in particular kind of put me to sleep. The lyrics I am openly put off by, if I had written these I would do everything within my power to HIDE them, and yet they are the whole video (there is nothing else at all going on in the video)... lol

I'm not going to complain that they should give up on their singer or anything, but I would be totally on board with this band if that video had given me any reason to believe the song is actually ABOUT something.

My first instinct would be to put together some sort of concept album next, they can self-title it 'The Twisted Harbor Town' just as a simple introduction work, show off what they are capable of and such. As long as they tell a story with it and not just shout angsty things in a tank top while headbanging like a white trash middle schooler XD

I wish them the best and I will keep an eye out

Sign in to follow this