Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

MEJIBRAY - 醜詠 (Shuuei)

So what did you guys think of the latest MEJI' offering?

Personally, I quite like it! Their previous effort - A Priori - in this 3-piece single campaign didn't really hit the spot (tho it had some nice and unique ideas but failed a bit overall) but this one really exceeded my expectations. The title track is okay-ish and not bad but nothing special. What has the most charm for me is Gesshoku, and to a lesser extent Shitto. At first when the former song started I was skeptical upon hearing that repetitive (kinda cheap) guitar riff but they won me over with all the little interesting "exotic" sounding bits and pieces and catchiness that they incorporated into the track. Following this, the last track may seem less interesting but it's a really solid poppy rock tune (with lovely outro guitars no less). I feel that they are widening their musical horizons slowly, and it's working out well for them (well, for me anyway, lol). Nicely done!

:4.0: | cool single with catchy tracks, a winner!

1 醜詠 - The song is starting with some heavy-darkish sound. It gives me some creepo-vibe. I kinda like that w

The screams by Tsuzuku makes the song goes totally nuts. MiA's solo parts is finally doing some show again! It's great!

The way Tsuzku is singing is like full of emotions: sorrow/pain/miserableness, idk,

almost can't describe it, but deifintely some catchy song!

2 月食 - This song has some mysterical sounds in it, it feels like they use some special tunes from some culture in it.

There are a few parts with autotune, but this definitely doesn't sound bad! In fact, it's great! Because the song is totally heavy and it goes totally well with Tsuzuku's vocals and his amazingly screams. For me this song is pretty okay. ^^

3 嫉妬 - My favorite song on this single! It's starting off with a piano sound! Since I totally loved Emily, this song is definitely my favorite. Although I don't understand the lyrics, I can feel lots of Tsuzuku's emotions in this song. The title of the song is translated as ''Jealousy'' so... I kinda get the ''unfair'' feelings in this song. It makes me curious about the full translation of the lyrics.

Total review points:  4.5 / 5 | Just awesome, keep up the good work! Hope their next release will surprise me! :lolita_love:

Sign in to follow this