Sign in to follow this  
ricchubunny

Jupiter - CLASSICAL ELEMENT

0_1dcaac_4b6f1418_orig.jpg

Jupiter's debut album released on 08/28. 

I wasn't expecting too much since the first single was just...hm, nice. Not suuuuuuper good. But well, i must say i was surprised when i started listening this...!

I wont writed a really detailed review cause my english really really sucks. I just wanna read everyone's comment :P

1 - Introduction : It already starts good! Such an awesome intro. Really Versaillesish too...Well, its good for a prelude! (--/10)

2 - Blessing of the Future : Not a really special song but i kinda like it. Don't have too much to say (6/10)

3 - Decadence : OH MY GOD THIS SONG IS SO...ASRHASGTHT. Loved it from the beginning to the end...so exciting! The lyrics are really good too. Want to listen to it at live. And well...it sounds like a Selia joined them to this song haha. Is that ZIN voice?! If so, he is more awesome than i thought!  (10/10)

4 - RHYTHMOS : When it started i really thought it was a MASASHI's composition. I dont know why it sounds so MASASHI....haha. Also the bass lines are really good, what a nice slap! I also specially like this guitar solo! Good Job ZIN and Hizaki!! (7/10)

5 - Scarlet : A typical TERU song! His guitar on his own compositions are really characteristic! The chorus is catchy and stucked on my head.  (9/10)

6 - Notsalgie : A beautiful ballad. Sometimes i felt  bored listening to it but the chorus is pretty nice. Nothing else to say i think. (6/10)

7 - Heaven's Atlas : Another beautiful one! I like it more than Nostalgie cause i absolutely didn't feel bored. I think ZIN is such a good compositor. (9/10)

8 - ALLEGORY CAVE : Wow! This song is such a surprise right? I'm not sure if i liked ZIN guttural voice, but i absolutely loved this song. When i start listening it i just think "Oh god, i need to go to a Jupiter concert". The chorus is also awesome. (9/10)

9 - Symmetry Breaking : HOLY SHIT WHAT AN INTRO!! This song's instrumental rocks too much!! Also ZIN voice effect plus the way he sang in the chorus suits it very well. Awesome! (8/10)

10 - forever with you : My favorite song on this album. This intro is soooooooooooo adorable, and the whole song as well! Its just so beautiful... One of my favorite TERU compositions ever! (10/10)

11 - Atmosphere : I dont know what to say about this song. It's just...good? The solo is also awesome. (6/10)

12 - Classical Element : So that's Jupiter's longest song...Wow i can swear when ZIN started singing at first i thought "WTF KAMIJO?". I know it doesn't really sounds like him but it didn't sound like ZIN's voice as well! Haha was just surprised. And then he starts singing like in Symmetry Breaking. I think it made this long song doesn't sound boring...A good song to finish this album but i still prefer VERSAILLES 10 minutes+ songs... (7/10)

13 - Conclusion : Sounds like a movie conclusion! Just think they could include this on the previous song and make it a 13 minutes song instead of a 1:30 S.E haha. (--/10)

Overall : 8,7/10

-

Well it was a really surprising and good album! I got so excited to see this guys live! Hope the people who liked VERSAILLES also enjoy it.

I thought the album was actually quite excellent, personally. I think there were a couple of missteps: I didn't care for Sccarlet, it wasn't AS boring as I thought it would be, but it was still boring. Allegory Cave had a beautiful chorus, but I can't get past the screaming and how totally unnecessary it was. Blessing of the Future I like a lot, but I don't think it was the best choice of single. The opera singer in Decadence was a bit weird, but the song was really good.

The best songs, for me, were Nostalgie, Rhythmos, Symmetry Breaking, Classical Element, and Heaven's Atlas. I'd have to say this was a brilliant debut album, but how could it not be when you have Hizaki, Teru, and Yuki together.

I haven't listen to the whole album yet , just the first couple tracks , I LOVE Hizaki's compose ,
also TERU's and for sure their godlike powerful instruments skill !

Love Scarlet - The Speedy with ZIN newly style vocal is amazing match !

ALLEGORY CAVE - One thing that Kamijo can't give , the newly death voice .

Heaven's Atlas - Classic powerful guitars show off at the beginning after the fairy tale like intro .

Atmosphere - Just great !!!!!!

I probably give this album a 8.5 out of 10 .

All right, well, to start off: Blessing of the Future left a good impression on me and I can feel that they have already set the standard for the Jupiter sound.

What I expected to get from this album: Some very standard songs that were similar to Versailles songs but had their own little twist and some very familiar Hizaki compositions.

What I got: An unexpected melodic album that completely showed to me that just because it has Versailles' members, doesn't mean that it will be similar. I absolutely loved this album so much and I want to claim this as in the top 5 VK albums so far. They had songs that showed me that ZIN has some great singing talent (e.g Nostalgie, Decadance, Symmetry Breaking), songs that showed that ZIN can be an exceptional composer (e.g Decadance, Heaven's Atlas), and songs that showed that all the members still have some really amazing stuff to bring to the table. ZIN really shined here and showed me that he can be a better singer than KAMIJO was to me and that he has the potential to carry this band and not leave it all on the instrumentation. One thing I love about him that he excels at, his growls, which we can hear in ALLEGORY CAVE and that just blew me away! With the cooperation of Hizaki, maybe we can get some dark songs fro Masashi or Teru and ZIN can just bring it home with those growls!

Some of the songs that stood out to me were RHYTHMOS, ALLEGORY CAVE, Scarlet, Nostalgie, Classical Element, and Symmetry Breaking. The rest of the tracks were great, but didn't excel as much as the songs mentioned. I really have to bring in to account RHYTHMOS. That song was just very melodic the same way I received LIBIDO from Versailles which was a total favorite. What stood out the most was Masashi's bass though, there were some really great melodies in this song from him and the guitars, aside from the solo, were a little laid back and the bass was more prominent than usual. I believe ZIN and Hizaki both composed this song so I am excited for more dual compositions from these two. Can I also bring into account that ending outro to Nostalgie? I haven't heard them do an outro that beautiful in a long time. I haven't been struck by an outro like that since HISTORY OF THE OTHER SIDE.

Without a doubt, I can officially say that I am on the Jupiter bandwagon and cannot wait for whatever it is they decided to bring for us. Although, we probably won't be getting any new material for a while since they will probably be doing lives for their album and such. There really was nothing wrong with this album, although I'm not surprised because their single, while the title track was a little reminiscent of Versailles, still gave us some awesome stuff from Aria (very awesome glissando solo) and SHOUT YOUR DESIRE (song that got me hooked on ZIN)

:5.0:  That's right, I just gave it that

I don't really know what to say...this album was actually very, very good. After hearing the lacklustre single, I reckoned this album would be balls but I was SO wrong. Classical Element is pure brilliance and features enough variety to cater to all tastes. I was really impressed with Zin's vocal work after listening to the album actually; the single does him no justice whatsoever.

I'm not really a fan of making track by track reviews but I must say that every song on here is worth a listen. To me, absolutely none of it is filler. For a first album I think it is simply incredible and on par with some of Versailles' older work. Despite listening to this album once I'm happy to give it an 8/10, which will probably grow to a 10/10 by tomorrow.

As a side note, both Jupiter and Kamijo as a solo artist seem to be making heavier music than late-Versailles. It's reminiscent of early-Versailles and I love it! Do you reckon their label forced them to tone down the harsher riffs and vocals? After listening to Jupiter's first single I was under the impression that they wanted to make flowery music still, but the album proved me wrong.

If I had to make one complaint about the album, it's the fact the talking in the intro is so pretentious. It's even worse than the one in The Revenant Choir :)

I’ve been hearing good things about this release so I decided to check it out and I’m glad I did. I’m not sure what surprised me more, how good the album was or the fact that such an amazing album came from a vk band. 

The album is powerhouse of great powermetal. Most vk band either take the metalcore route or the happy ubeat pop-rock thing, sometimes both, but instead of going with such a out played route Jupiter chose powermetal. After listening to the album it’s seems like it’s a no brainer. The genre allows them room for complex composition, musical technicality, hefty song lengths and a sense of epicness. 

Instrumentally the album is great. Tight rhythms from the drums and bass, epic powermetal riffs/solos from the lead guitar and lots of atmosphere from the vocal choirs, orchestrations and keys. The vocals are strong and have that vk sound to them, but are done in way that fit the powermetal genre. The question of musicianship and composition is clear from first few songs. These guys know what they’re doing. And it proves that vk bands are capable of putting out great releases when they know what they’re doing and have the technical ability to pull it off. 

I don’t think there’s a bad song on this release. The only downside in my opinion is the long album duration. Although the songs themselves never really feel like they are dragged out despite some hitting the 5 and 6 minute mark.  This is the best vk relase I’ve heard all year and will probably be the top vk release of 2013. I can’t really see any other band coming close to the musical technicality, composition and cohesion Classical Element offers. 

8.5/10

I agree with everyone. This album really is AMAZING (and I am not even a fan of Versailles). The symphonic elememts are so nice. I have no complaint about the song lengths. It seems to me longer and more complex are better for them. To my surprise, ALLEGORY CAVE is a different one from other songs and one of my favourite tracks despite being shorter. I really like the beginning vocals/scream.

Forever with You is IMO the weakest track on this album. The backing vocals towards the end are really annoying (maybe this song would have been better without the backing singing), as annoying as the Introduction. I always skip those two tracks when listening to this album.

HOLY SHIT I LOVE ZIN!!

97mtYXt.gif
So finally my copy came and ZIN won me over. I think he is a fantastic singer and the vocalist Versailles always needed. I was at first apprehensive when I first heard a preview of him back in April or whenever it was. Especially since HIZAKI has a habit of working with mediocre VK vocalist that never do his music justice. Their first single also had me on the fence but now I see it's because those songs didn't really give him the opportunity to show us how much he really kicks ass! Yet wow, after Decadence I definitely love ZIN. His performance and raw talent really helps carry Jupiter, perfectly complimenting all the guitar wankery quite well.

I won't do a track by track review but basically Jupiter really comes off as the metal band Versailles wanted to be. Since they've finally stepped away from the whole vampire concept they now have an opportunity to write music not confined to that theme. So I felt like we got great variety from every song and every member had their moment to shine one way or another.

Decadence is totally my favourite. This is what I love about these guys, this song is just so strong and powerful and why I have been listening to HIZAKI from his wee little days.
I love ZIN's singing in this song and it was immediately what won me over. It's definitely my favourite song on the album and am I getting some Rhapsody vibes up in this bitch!? ZIN's singing reminds me of some of the techniques you would hear from Alessandro Contri which makes me love it so much (becuz I luv Alessandro) and the symphonic wankery is definitely something I would imagine Luca would write. I love it and can't stop playing it over and over! The choir is a nice touch and well done, especially because some bands will overdo it and will drown everything out in bombastic choir choruses and so forth.

Scarlet is another that I really love. At first I didn't like the preview for it but after hearing the full thing, it really is an awesome song and everything I would expect from Teru. It's fast, catchy and definitely has some fun and interesting rifts and soloing. His style really does bring in some variety and color to whatever band he is in.

ALLEGORY CAVE caught me by surprise, I had expected this to be the typical instrumental classical guitar wankery song Teru and HIZAKI like to do. Yet it wasn't that at all! I am mixed about it though, ZIN's singing and gnarly harsh vocals are great but it's just so typical VK to do a heavy verse soft chorus format. I mean, it's definitely better than any of the fake metal bands VK fans love like OZ, BIOSPHIRA and Mejibray could ever do ever but it's still tad bit boring. I guess because every song on the album is so refreshing and then you get the lame "hard" song. I think either ditch the soft chorus and keep it harsh or make the harsh verses soft vocals instead? It's just a format I don't like that much. PERSONAL OPINION MMKAY!?

Other highlights, the swapping between acoustics and that other frilly stuff they do in Atmosphere is cool! I like the riftage in Symmetry Breaking and really liking what ZIN did for the chorus here. Classical Element is quite good and only 12 minutes? That's great because I felt like Versailles' attempt to do longer and longer songs each album was getting tiring. Especially songs like Faith & Decision which felt like they were just trying to push to do a long song for the sake of doing a long song.

I am debating about buying the B Type now HA! I really want hear the live recordings. I am super curious to hear what ZIN sounds like live and if all the amazing stuff I just heard is studio magic y'know?

Either way, I'm all up on the Jupiter bandwagon now. I'm looking forward to more from the band and I hope this world tour actually comes to the US because I would love to see them live.

Oh :C

Glad I didn't get it then. That is dumb! What's even on it then? I thought B TYPE came with live footage? More dumb behind the scenes stuff and making ofs?

yep its just some random shooting/live/studio scenes with Heaven Atlas as BGM XD

Of course I was curious for this full album. "Blessing of the Future" was really a slap in the face-instrumental powerful song so hell yeah I was excited. This album is above my expectations, it's really good! And ZIN, was not sure about him but yeah that guy can definitel sing power metal songs.

Instrumental members of Versailles is better off without KAMIJO, and KAMIJO is better off in a solo project = WIN/WIN situation. 

Best song is "forever with you" I really love this ballad. And of course "Blessing of the Future" is so good, although I don't get the "REMIX" thing, what's the difference between album version and single version? Mastering? 

Yeah, this is not another "Versailles"-album, this is brand new and fresh! They did this good.

Instrumental members of Versailles is better off without KAMIJO, and KAMIJO is better off in a solo project = WIN/WIN situation. 

I know right!? This album would have been a huge let down with Kamijo as the vocalist. He does so much better in music that fits his singing style and voice, he just isn't a metal vocalist.

Yeah, this is not another "Versailles"-album, this is brand new and fresh! They did this good.

Exactly!

If you came expecting frilly vampire themed music then you're going to be disappointed. They're definitely not Versailles anymore and if you liked that part about Versailles more than the metal, then that's why we have Kamijo's solo project. 

Sign in to follow this