Sign in to follow this  
Takadanobabaalien

Japanese encephalitis (serious topic in this section for oncelol)

Ok, so I had no idea where to put this topic, but I am asking around at various forums about this disease because I am going to Japan in October and will stay for about a year. Do anybody have any experience knowledge about this? Is it worth getting a vaccine for?

I read about several cases where people got in coma by taking the vaccine, and considering it's extremely rare occurance, I'm not sure what to do. Do anybody who have been to Japan/asia have any experience? Did you take it? Why/why not?

Any information is helpful lol.

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_encephalitis

I'm also going to Japan for a year, from the middle of September. Encephalitis is usually carried by ticks, and it's most common in Hokkaido I believe. I will probably be getting this done before I fly out myself, but iirc you need to pre-order/book the injections, at least here in the UK.

I think the better person who can answer you it's your doctor, or try to ask to a hosptal's doctor, or maybe in travel agency. I guess This must be prepared a long time before travel.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's a question you must ask to a health professional and not referenced to wikipedia who are not sure for certain sheet.

Sign in to follow this