Sign in to follow this  
Vurtox

Firefly / Serenity

firefly1.jpg

The series is set in the year 2517, after the arrival of humans in a new star system, and follows the adventures of the renegade crew of Serenity, a "Firefly-class" spaceship. The ensemble cast portrays the nine characters who live on Serenity. Whedon pitched the show as "nine people looking into the blackness of space and seeing nine different things". The show explores the lives of people who fought on the losing side of a civil war who now make a living on the outskirts of the society, as part of the pioneer culture that exists on the fringes of their star system. In addition, it is a future where the only two surviving superpowers, the United States and China, fused to form the central federal government, called the Alliance, resulting in the fusion of the two cultures as well. According to Whedon's vision, "nothing will change in the future: technology will advance, but we will still have the same political, moral, and ethical problems as today

Read up on this show because it is hands down THE BEST, you heard me THE BEST mother fucking television series and film ever created. Prove me wrong. When Fox wrongly cancelled and sabotaged this show they probably took away one of the greatest screen gems ever.

Anyone else an enthusiast?

Also, I swear this show had some of the most attractive cast members ever. Seriously, Morena Baccarin, Jewel Staite, Summer Glau. Hell even Nathan Fillion is a sexy beast and not to mention ever since Firefly/Serenity I've had a huge mancrush on Adam Baldwin.

The movie was pretty much crap though.

I tried giving it a shot, but I found it kind of Boring. Maybe it's just because I never watched the series.

Didn't see it myself yet, but I have NEVER heard anyone say anything negative about the series nor the movie.

And of course you need to see the series before you watch the movie. Something else is rather retarded. No offense, by the way. But seriously.

Didn't see it myself yet, but I have NEVER heard anyone say anything negative about the series nor the movie.

And of course you need to see the series before you watch the movie. Something else is rather retarded. No offense, by the way. But seriously.

The thing is that I can't remember the series ever been broadcasted over here while the movie did end up in the cinema. So, I guess it's just because I didn't even know there was a series before one of my friends told me a few months back. Wrong marketing probably?

And none taken, I'll probably watch the series one of these days...

The show was so poorly promoted by FOX I'm actually surprised anyone ever saw it, lol. I actually watched the movie first back in '05 and was like "WHAT IS THIS, IS THERE MORE?!" and lucky there was, but much but there was more. I personally think it is one of the best science fiction film/series bundle out there.

I'm hoping Joss Whedon does something with this series again after he finishes the Avengers and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog part 2.

^You mean "Objects in Space" right? My personal favorite episode was Ariel although I really liked Trash as well.

I also think they also didn't air two of the episodes as well. I could be wrong though.

I don't know why Joss and company deal with Fox all of his shows on Fox all go under and they are all usually amazing. Just look at Dollhouse it was a legit show and it went under after two seasons and Fox even cancelled the show "Drive" with Nathan Fillion which was produced by a member of the Firefly production staff and then they went on to cancel Sarah Connor Chronicles which had Summer Glau in it. Are they retarded?

well, i have to say, they didn't cancel it w/o reason i guess - i'm pretty surprised 'bout most of the shows coz i rly dug them and never thought that they get so poor audiences

or maybe the shows DID realize profit but it was too less for them - whutever the case: it sucks balls

I think it had everything a show needed. Drama, comedy, action and a certain uniqueness about it. I wish it would come back. D:

I'm watching this through netflix right now. I think it's an interesting show overall. It always gives me Cowboy Bebop vibes with that cowboy music in space. Currently on ep 4. ^^

what i rly liked 'bout this show was, that every1 was able to talk chinese, they made it the 2nd universal language (even though most of the time they were cursing) :D

what i rly liked 'bout this show was, that every1 was able to talk chinese, they made it the 2nd universal language (even though most of the time they were cursing) :D

and also speaking it really badly most of the time, lol

The best Chinese line is totally said by Wash when he says:

"Tai-kong suo-yo duh shing-chiouh doh sai-jin wuh duh pee-goo"

Sign in to follow this