nullmoon

Dir En Grey Cover Band?!

Heyyy! I was wondering if anyone here is from the Birmingham area in the UK? If so, how would you feel about starting a band? I play bass, mainly covering Dir En Grey, and i'm a little sick of not knowing people who want to play stuff by Japanese bands!

I have 0 experience when it comes to being in a band but I thought this would be a fun discussion in any case? :)

Yes, I think you shouldn't start a diru cover band.

I mean. Covering Dir en grey's songs plays a huge part in global warming and costs the tax payer a fortune.

And on top of that... it could be fun.  D :

Damn, i never thought of that :( what was i THINKING?! XD

The request has actually changed to a standard J-Rock band covering anything along the lines of Alice Nine, Vamps and Plastic Tree. A guitarist has stepped forward. Any drummers or vocalists out there in the area? :)

Yeah cause there aren't enough DEG cover bands -_-

Yeah cause there aren't enough DEG cover bands -_-

Guys, no need to be dicks. If OP wants to cover DEG songs more power to them - not your concern if you're not going to be a part of what they're starting.

, good luck finding some band mates in your area~

If you wanted to do a Dir en grey cover band, I would suggest trying to stay within a certain period of the band's discography just because they've changed their tuning and guitars (now 7 and 8 strings) so much that to be able to play all the tracks you want, you may have to have multiple guitars on standby if you're going to do any shows.

If I were to ever do something like this, I would choose their Macabre / Gauze material to play. Not because it's my favorite (it's not); but because I would have the most fun playing tracks like Deity, 304 Goushitsu, Akura no Oka, and so many others.