Sign in to follow this  
Takadanobabaalien

Kent (Swedish Rockband)

(From Wiki)

Kent is a alternative rock band founded in Eskilstuna

The band has had several big Swedish radio hits since the breakthrough single "Kräm (så nära får ingen gå)", from their second studio album. They are the most popular rock group in Sweden, and describe themselves as "Sweden's biggest rock band", but are more or less unknown outside Scandinavia. Kent briefly attempted an international career with English versions of the albums Isola and Hagnesta Hill and an accompanying American tour for the former, but they gave up after failing to achieve the breakthrough they had hoped for.

Kent has released ten studio albums, sold over two million records and has won 20 Swedish Grammy Awards. "VinterNoll2" is an unlockable track in Career Mode on Guitar Hero World Tour. Kent recently got their own Singstar called SingStar Kent released on PlayStation 2 and 3.

I just recently started digging these guys, I have known of them since I was a kid though. My favorite albums are Kent, Hagnesta Hill and Verkligen.

If you haven't tried them, you definitely should. Here are some of my favorite tracks:

PS. I don't recommend listening to their albums in English (it's the same albums that are in Swedish, but they sound better in Swedish).

I liked their albums up to Röd, but can't say

I bothered listening to their past few releases more than once.

I'm definitely a sucker for the live version of

Mannen i den vita hatten (16 år senare).

Sign in to follow this