Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

D.I.D. new maxi single "Paranoid Personality" release

new guitarist?lol

Sorry, I meant the blonde guy. He wasn't with them in Para:noir, that's why I call him new

Lilly of the valley, fuck yeah!! So they have almost remade their whole Para:noir discography.

How come when a band does something unusual, there is always that one person that says "I bet they're signing onto PSC now because of that or their sound" First, why does it always have to be PSC, it's always been wrong. B, I just want an answer, not a huge uprising so let's not make this something big.

because it was ps company, pioneering the 3 type bullshit with Gazette's Reila (released as "lesson G", "O" and "D" types ), which was quickly picked up by every fad band throughout 2005 and later.

before that everyone was fine with regular, limited, and in some cases, fan-club or live-only releases.

and, actually, this DID single is the first thing in a long time to arrive in a ridiculous number of versions, it could even make a great kisaki joke tbh, but I don't comment on confirmed flops these days.

if a certain person's username reflects their date of birth, they would have been 10 at the time this sad trend started, that explains why they don't really understand when I'm joking.

@ricchubunny

great song, thanks for posting.

I think their music has gone better than epic with their awesome skills ,

but not all of the Para:noir remake / re-arrange tracks are great .
Still looking forward to S.K.P. !!

They could have release as another album , but instead of that idea ,
they expecting fans will normally buy all types ,
so , 5 types single and 1,260 yen each = 6,300 yen ,
and an album only cost roughly 3,200 yen ...What a smart ass !

I deleted D.I.D off of my iPod, not because they're bad (they're not), but because I'd rather have some of my new bands on there rather than them, but after listening to this song, I am officially re-adding them. This is just too awesome! Definitely ore varied than all their other songs. The solo isn't a shred-fest, the intro isn't just immediate riffage

The new drummer sure knows how to lay down an awesome beat and that guitar solo was absolutely beautiful

Yeahs! I was very impressed with this song! The other remakes are hit or miss on the singles, but this was a great new song for them! I loved every moment of it!

Is it just me or was this sort of disappointing?

The title track is amazing but SO MANY of the 'rerecordings' sound almost identical to the originals. Sure, maybe there are a few changes to the vocals etc but on the whole most of the songs aren't different enough to be worth listening to again. Compare I Want To Die (practically identical) to Amaryllis (modified riffs, new solo).

Is it just me or was this sort of disappointing?

The title track is amazing but SO MANY of the 'rerecordings' sound almost identical to the originals. Sure, maybe there are a few changes to the vocals etc but on the whole most of the songs aren't different enough to be worth listening to again. Compare I Want To Die (practically identical) to Amaryllis (modified riffs, new solo).

Well, they're not remakes, they're just re-recordings. They basically added a little bit of  the new D.I.D sound that they think has shown and changed the songs with that. Personally, I still like the original Amaryllis, which is why I'm worried about trying out the remake of Lilley Of the Valley. I also think they did this because they just wanted to play Para;noir songs under their new name live

I listened to them a bit more and my opinion has done a 180. The D.I.D versions are much more powerful :) i think i prefer the original Amaryllis too...mainly because of that sweet pinch harmonic in the verse :) Lilley of the Valley is actually really good, you should give it a try :)

Well, they're not remakes, they're just re-recordings. They basically added a little bit of the new D.I.D sound that they think has shown and changed the songs with that. Personally, I still like the original Amaryllis, which is why I'm worried about trying out the remake of Lilley Of the Valley. I also think they did this because they just wanted to play Para;noir songs under their new name live

SET-LIST at 2013/11/01:

01.雨音(amaoto)(unplugged ver.)
02.Paranoid Personality
03.the LIBRA
04.acedia
05.Amaryllis
06.the time has come
07.the code number[13.]
08.paradox
09.瓦解(gakai)
10.nihilism.
11.I want to die