CAT5

2013 so far...the good, the bad, the WTF!

The Good:

Týr - Valkyrja (Delicious album. The Pantera and Iron Maiden covers are wonderful, too.)

Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods (Many people are bandwagoning hate on this one, but I don't get it, I found it absolutely amazing. The songs have awesome intros and the lyrics are great as well.)

Imagine Dragons - Night Visions (Veeeery enjoyable.)

Bad:

Turisas - Turisas2013

^ no effort whatsoever put into making this album. Very sad 'cause I love Turisas.

Jupiter - CLASSICAL ELEMENT (I had expected another Versailles, even something better, but there's not a single track which has left impression on me. Am I doing something wrong?)

Bullet For My Valentine - Temper Temper (I am so sorry to include this 'cause I really love this band, but this album is bad. Bad.)

The "Meh"

Månegarm - Legions of the North (Not bad, but weaker than the previous ones. Also, English lyrics - didn't bother me exactly, but I do prefer Swedish.)

I'm sorry for only one Japanese release, but I'm so behind on most bands I care about. I don't have a formed opinion about many releases yet. Might update this later.

Edit:

Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods

Just noticed this and it's made me happy. I've been hearing/reading so much shit on how it "sucked" that I was beginning to feel lonely in the ILOVETHISALBUM-land.

Good, in alphabetical order, only full albums:

Ancient Wisdom - Deathlike

amber gris - Around Children

Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods

Church of Misery - Thy Kingdom Scum

Dear L'Novel  - Ai to Shi

Ereb Altor - Fire Meets Ice

GAUZES - Yurikago

Grieva - Oni to kage

Jupiter - Classical Element

Kauan - Pirut

Manegarm - Legions of the North

Nakano Aya - Hetana uso

Rotting Christ - Kata Ton Daimona Eaytoy

Suede - Bloodsports

The Monolith Deathcult - Tetragrammaton

Turisas - Turisas2013

Tyr - Valkyrja

Vali - Skogslandskap

Wardruna - Yggdrasil

And probably some stuff I'm forgetting.

No "bad" list because, umm, I do not keep track of stuff I don't like. ^^;

Huh. I wasn't aware that Vàli had a new album out. I'll need to check that out. The demo is amazing, so I am looking forward to this. And I hope this means Vàli will go back to creating a new Skumring album soon. Almost 9 years is a long wait for a new album so it's about time now.