Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

超時空アンドロイド-PIECE- new mini album "SATELLITE CUBE" release

it is announced at PIECE one-man live "NEXT THE WORLD" at Shibuya CLUB CRAWL at 2013/03/25 that they will change their band name to "超時空アンドロイド-PIECE-" at 2013/06/01, and their new mini album "SATELLITE CUBE" will be released at 2013/06/05 (2,625yen), which will include CD+DVD (including "アトミックビーム(atomic beam)" PV)

[CD track list]
01."planetary gear"
02.アトミックビーム(atomic beam)
03.HIGH×DRIVE
04.PAPER MOON
05.ヒーロードールTV(hero doll TV)
06.ANGEL DUST

btw they will hold their presents live "オペレーションメテオ(operation meteor)" at Birth SHINJUKU at 2013/06/11, at Ash OSAKA at 2013/06/13 and at NAGOYA HOLIDAY NEXT at 2013/06/14

I knew of this release from when it popped up at online shops, and from the name and cover art, I assumed this was a virtual/doujin band... glad that I am wrong! This is much cooler.

They have great instrumentation (as did PIECE original ver.), so I can respect/enjoy this music even though I don't usually like “positive” bands so much. And on top of that, their costumes look really good and somewhat original/unique to the scene right now; and their props (drummer's chair, balloon as part of costume, etc.) are really thought out; and the PV looks good!―

―so in all, I'm impressed with this “positive” band, and I'm actually interested in the full CD. Good job!

Some other notes:

- From their OHP, I thought they might be associated with GOEMON RECORDS (since it recently uses this “MAG” content management system). But, I was wrong! It appears they're on a label called 秘密基地 (Himitsu Kichi)―so yeah, guess they left AKA-ON.

- Leaving AKA-ON is probably why they changed their name (although I like their new, focused concept as well).

- Seems that their distributor/marketer is BEVAULT, which is the label of DEATHGAZE. I thought it was interesting!

- Their logo uses RESIDENT EVIL (movie) font, hahaha. The logo's quite cool anyway.

Every now and then, they'll make a nice song for me to guilty-pleasure enjoy (like "Emerald"), haha.  Nice to see they finally up'd their production values (music AND PV-wise).

This is so cheesy, but it's kinda nice.

Sign in to follow this