Sign in to follow this  
SUBLIMINAL

BioWare!

I don't expect this to get so many replies, but Bioware deserve their own thread because if you don't know who or what Bioware is, enlightenment is forthcoming and if you do but haven't played anything BioWare, you don't know shit about video games herp derp suck. If you're one of those people who are unaware of BioWare, consult:

BIOWARE is a Canadian electronic entertainment company founded in February 1995 by Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuk, and Augustine Yip. BioWare specializes in creating computer and console video games and has become famous for highly praised and successful role-playing games, many of which have won multiple awards. BioWare also created the Infinity Engine, which is a core component used in the development of 2D computer role-playing games. In 2002, they developed the Aurora Engine, the basis for a number of successful computer and console 3D RPGs thereafter, both have been used in the development of games by other companies, including The Witcher, an RPG by CD Projekt RED, and Icewind Dale by Black Isle Studios.

Games and Expansions by BioWare

Shattered Steel

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast

MDK2

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal

Neverwinter Nights

Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide

Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Jade Empire

Mass Effect

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Mass Effect Galaxy

Dragon Age: Origins

Mass Effect 2

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Upcoming Releases

Star Wars: The Old Republic (2011)

Dragon Age 2 (2011)

Mass Effect 3 (2011-2013 :()

So. BioWare games/non-stop DLC/waifu simulating/sequel speculating/WRPG. Discuss.

I wasn't that excited about Dragon Age 2 initially but now I'm dying for a demo of it. I actually rather like that it's going to be more like a fantasy Mass Effect. Although I'm sad I can't be an elf. At least gender and class can be changed.  Also "Romance is possible with party members or with non-player characters throughout the game" WHAT

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

DA2 will be great. It's a change but it will be 100% amazing. As for ME3, I'm optimistic that developments will and information will be shared soon regarding it. I also hope that there is no film made about the games because that would totally piss me off. :(

I applied to be a tester at BioWare once but had no luck because I bet a shitload of people apply so I've migrated to Eidos Montreal and am waiting for a reply from them. But imagine working for BioWare, even as the janitor. BEST. JOB. EVER.

They're the best developer IMO, there hasn't been a game they've developed that I haven't loved or grown to love after time not to mention their staff are the coolest mo'fuckas in the universe.

Vurtox said:
I applied to be a tester at BioWare once but had no luck because I bet a shitload of people apply so I've migrated to Eidos Montreal and am waiting for a reply from them. But imagine working for BioWare, even as the janitor. BEST. JOB. EVER.

Same! They never got back to me but I imagine they get thousands of applications every day. I might apply at their new studio in Ireland when they need testers over there. It's a shame there's no option to apply for a janitor position on their website tbh.

I don't know how well Mass Effect would translate into a movie, tbh. It's already epic enough as a game and video game to movie usually goes horribly wrong. See reference: Prince of Persia.

ETA: The only BioWare game I haven't played is Star Wars (and Shattered Steel, but eh). I should eventually though.

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

I guess Bioware have turned their Backs to good old Hardcore RPG´s. Games as Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights or Icewind Dale were epic and truly challenging. Not to mention the Atmosphere, that sucked you deep inside the Game.

However, with Dragon Age,they did a step in the right Direction. Even if it still isn´t the real Deal.

Bioware is still one of my favorite western Game-Developers, although they don´t make Games like they used to.

Maybe this is as good a thread as any.

So I just finished my first playthrough of DA2, and started my second as a male warrior (first as a female rogue).

Is it safe to go spoileriffic yet? 'Cuz O MAN.

played

mass effect 1 & 2 (2 of the best games ever imo)

star wars knights of the old republic 1 & 2 (best sw games imo)

Jade Empire (epic game)

and really plan on playing next mass effect and the sw mmorpg

i also heared rumors about an jade empire 2, that would be so awsome:|

MDK2 :lol:

was playing it first on DC and then on Playstation 2

good memories *nods*

Anyone know when the exact release date for the PC version?

Not enough Baldur's Gate wank in here. BG2 is one of the best games ever made.

No DA or ME character comes close to Minsc and Boo. Possible exception of Garrus and Calibrations.

Those rumours about JE2 have been around for ages. Muyzka hinted at the topic of a sequel a while ago but recently I've heard no developments.

Also, Anders + Ser Pounce-A-Lot > Minsc and Boo. Obviously.

Also, Anders + Ser Pounce-A-Lot > Minsc and Boo. Obviously.

In no way, shape or form. Anders is a massive tool.

Anders may be a huge faggot but his reputation is bolstered by the pure awesomness of Ser Pounce-A-Lot.

Sign in to follow this