Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mono2

Guro

Hey hey hey! I downloaded Suehiro Maruo - ERO-GURO (Ultra Gash Inferno) some months ago and I've enjoyed reading it. It wasn't as sick as I had expected, and it wasn't as dark And most of it did seem a little half-done, to be honest. I did enjoy, but it could have been a lot better.

So I wonder if anyone knows anything about Guro. What's good, what's extremely good, what's worth checking out and so on?

I'll check out anything good, but I do find the darker, more twisted ones the most itneresting. And with twisted I am not necessary talking about overload of violence and sex and stuff. Just something that's weird and makes you think twice before you go to the next page. Someone probably understand what I am talking about.

Any suggestions?

And if this is something that shouldn't be talked about on these forums, feel free to delete it. But PM me telling me why if it's not too much trouble. Thx!

Oh, oh, oh, oh!

Guro is the only manga I read exclusively, because I find the rest of it quite trite and predictable and maybe I'm just sick so I have many a recommendation! I'm pleased there's an eroguro thread here, I had considered starting one. I don't think there's anything wrong with a thread on it here so long as no one posts gruesome pictures and links out.

So! If you have the stomach for it, I highly, highly recommend Hiroaki Samura. After Maruo he's my favourite eroguro artist. His artwork is quite realistic, so view at your discretion. He's perhaps most famous for being the creator of Blade of the Immortal, but before that he "dabbled" in eroguro. Bradherley’s Coach is good, although it's not for the faint of heart. I thought the story - inspired by the slave trade - was disturbing. I actually felt uneasy reading it. Samura is an extreme sadist and his art can be incredibly graphic, the work that showcases this most is Hitodenashi no Koi (Love of the Brute), which is a compilation of very, very graphic violent and sexual scenes. The artwork is absolutely beautiful, though, so if you can manage the content, go for it! Then there's Succubus no Yoru (Night of the Succubus), which isn't really guro but it's great all the same.

Jun Hayami is another artist who is more about realism, eroticism and plot, although his manga is fairly gruesome too

Other artists to check out: Henmaru Machino (famous for being a bit of a surrealist), Hideshi Hino, Shintaro Kago, Junji Ito (who is one of the most well known eroguro artists, since some of his work has been remade into movies), Toshio Maeda, and Horihone Saizou.

If you need anything I could probably upload, my harddrive is bursting with this stuff. :oops:

Thanks for your answer. I'll check out some of those. I'll start with the Blade of the Immortal guy, since BotI is pretty legendary and amazing.

I'll try to google them first and see if I can find it. If I can't I'll leave a message here and some might upload it. But you'll find almost everything on google so I guess it won't be a huge problem.

Thanks for your answer, as previously said!

You may try Hideshi Hino (one of my favorites besides Mr.Suehiro). It isn't so trash and stuff... but has great stories. Try "The Red Snake" (or "Akai Hebi", don't know if the english name is correct).

Sign in to follow this