Sign in to follow this  
Mamo

What was the first vk band?

Kagrra,

And the first song I listened to them, was the Satsuki. I love Isshi's voice. :D

This is already two years ago. Since then, I met a lot of other bands, but the Kagrra, is still one of my favorites.

anyone here knows 'LOUDNESS' ?

I think that band is older than X-Japan

metal fans know loudness -1981

if that is the question 60's bands in japan should be the first

(this thread is becoming "my first visual kei band" which is not answering the first person's post)

there is an article posted by skidium that is supported by me.

I've never seen Loudness widely recognized as visual kei before, the band usually identifies itself with "regular" HR/HM bands. Especially nowadays, they are nothing close to visual kei in sound or likeness. Even when they were 80's hair metal, they still didn't even wear that much makeup when compared to some American and European bands (if Loudness even wore makeup at all O.o).

Wah, that's pretty crazy :D A lot of people wrote about their first band ehm, ehm include me :D

What about BUCK-TICK?

They are commonly credited as one of the founders of the visual kei movement
But what vk band is first we won't get to know I think. It's pretty contradictory...

I feel like a lot of first "visual kei" bands were just glam rock or post-punk bands. And then someone coined the term "visual" and it all snowballed. So after reading the link someone posted in page 1, I think it seems to be Visual Scandal.

Nightmare. But I listened only their two songs used in Death Note. After them, I discovered (visual band I mean), the GazettE. And so... aww, it passed 3 years and some months... ;w;

Sign in to follow this