Guest Magatsu

Calmando Qual “闇を貫く激情の輝き”(Yami o Tsuranuku Gekijou no Kagayaki)

Guest Magatsu

REVIEW & free talking
Calmando Qual “闇を貫く激情の輝き”(Yami o Tsuranuku Gekijou no Kagayaki)
70726f647563742f32303132313131385f616131

"Your world is an endless universe; nobody can stop you"
The latest Calmando Qual single, created based on their new visual concept. Its tracks carry a message that appeals to the trembling emotions in the space between negative and positive, and a hard sound that will make your heart race! Sharpen your five senses and bring the sixth to life...!

CD Playlist:
01. 闇を貫く激情の輝き (Yami o Tsuranuku Gekijou no Kagayaki)
02. CRUSH!
03. モノクローム ( Monochrome)
04. deep sea

DVD Playlist:
01. 闇を貫く激情の輝き (Yami o Tsuranuku Gekijou no Kagayaki) (PV)

At January 30, 2013 Calmando Qual finally released a new single. This time they give us 3 full songs and one special instrumental song. This time we are introduced again by 2 songs who are composed by Maya. CRUSH! and Deep Sea is his work. Yami o Tsuranuku Gekijou no Kagayaki is composed in a session so the credits goes to everyone. Monochrome is composed by Tak. This single also comes with the PV!

This time we have 2 very powerful songs and 1 song who really will touch everyone’s heart, even those who never listened to Calmando Qual will love the song. Yami o Tsuranuku Gekijou no Kagayaki and CRUSH! are played very powerful, however the meaning behind the lyrics are completely different.

Yami o Tsuranuku Gekijou no Kagayaki: this song has a beautiful message and does tell you to live on no matter what, you should stay at the ground. Also that you should dream and not to forget to smile! The melody is powerful and very Vkei-ish. I really feel that this song also can be liked by those who never ever did try to listen to Calmando Qual. Somehow the melody is perfect the song really does fit. But it’s really a pity that they didn’t make a STORY PV of this song. Could be a wonderful concept for PV.
But more about the PV later.

CRUSH!: The message behind CRUSH! is very different, It’s more an angry song, angry about people who are stupid and who are just copy each other. This lyric is written in a very old style I remember that Hibiki wrote that kind of lyrics in the past. But I really think that Hibiki did do a very good job, the lyric really does fit to the melody of CRUSH! Also Tak and Kenka do also a good job by playing this song once again perfectly. Haha yes also you Maya, good job by making this song. This song would be also perfect to play live! Good way to get the fans dance… ehh Dance?! I mean.. to move!! (lol)

Monochrome: This song, this melody, it’s beautiful. Tak’s way of playing on his guitar really though your heart. Also the words of Hibiki go through your heart, it’s really sung with so many feelings. You really fall in love with this song at the first moment… there are no doubts.
But this song would even fit perfect for a funereal... ehhh? Why? Because the lyric is about; “that words won’t reach someone anymore because he/she sleeps eternity…” however I keep you waiting, I won’t spoil yet. Please read the lyric yourself. So yes, it has perfect melody and also a perfect lyric. A lyric with many pain and suffering… just as the name “Calmando Qual”. This song really makes me cry.

Deep Sea: Actually the concept of this single would be about “Rumble Fish” so SEA/Underwater WORLD or something. This is the SE of the CD. Special song, it's instrumental. However even if a concept is “underwater/sea world” doesn't mean that you need to add underwater sea boat sounds. So that kinda not really though me at all… Tak’s guitar is once again special and beautiful. But it's really a pity that there are so many extra sea sounds are added into this short song, because guitar solos of Tak are always the most beautiful with not much extra added sounds. Or don't you think so Tak?! Also would also be more cool if it had a connection with the first song!

Also what do we got this time?
1 song who tells you to live on and that you should smile and dream!
1 song who kick off your angriness.
1 song who really goes through your heart and let you cry!
1 song who is instrumental and… let you think that you are underwater in the deepest of the sea.

Well before I head on, I really want to add something to Monochrome. Because I’m sure that many people will love this song, I also want to bet that many of you will cry after reading the translation of the lyric!. However I’ve wrote this review long before the release date, so if you read this before the release date then please don’t forget to check my translation after January 30. So keep an eye on my activity! I’ll will notice you when I’ve added the translation.
AT: http://calmandoqual.webege.com/

The Lyric will be posted soon!

Alright let’s go to the PV:
Did everyone watched the PV? What do you think about it? What are your feelings? For me it’s really again a PV with a band standing on the same place just playing and jumping a bit around. Not really enjoyable to watch over and over. I’m someone who really love story PV’s. However since that part can’t though my heart I’m looking at different parts. This time the PV is made by someone who does make VKei PV’s more often by: Akio Yokoyama. And yes I can see it. However I don’t really do like many shots. Of course they are beautiful taken. But for my idea some shots are to near if it was a close up. Or just not far enough away, so that some parts just where cut off the screen. And you also actually see lot of shots of feet and guitar. Also the blurry zooming video effect… it’s a pity! So yeah.. I missed lot of good shots who could be there, but who aren’t sadly there.
But of course it doesn’t make a PV that bad! But it could way more special if there would be a real good concept. So guys please next time go out and make something cool and special!
However it’s for everyone different there are lot of people who really love this kind of concepts. But I’m just not a fan of it. But should I like everything?! However I would love to read your honest opinion about the PV! Because not only my meaning counts! But the meaning of everyone!
So let hear your voice!!!!
Ah… the PV on the DVD is smaller and lesser quality, than the version on youtube. Well, since high quality is on youtube I don’t mind it!

Alright as extra CD design… “Design by Kiwamu” & “Drawings by Hibiki”.
Did you know that the photo who is used is the toilet door of the music studio?! (Fun to know isn’t?)
The design is nicely done. Good way to give the right impression of the single!
It’s a pity that it is a two sided booklet . but I guess I can live with that?!

Alright how many stars I gonna give this single?
Let’s see….

Price: CD 1890 yen – DIGITAL ~€4 $4
I think its a good price. Also for a hard copy.

Single duration:   :4.5:
16,18 minutes I think it’s a good duration for a single.

PV rating: :1.5:
You know why, but it's very personal

Favorite song:
Monochrome

Album Art rating:   :4.0: 
If there were no design trapping mistakes I would give it 5 full stars. So actually it is 5 stars :P

My rating of this album:   :4.5:
It’s a perfect single, however because of “deep sea” It couldn’t get the full 5 stars .

you also can discuss this at: FACEBOOK

BUY:
CDbaby don't klick on by MP3 just put them seprated into your basked if you only want to pay 4 dollar
ITUNES however change it to your store of your country

The Single is not up on MH.

Why do you do post review ?

2 choices

1°  Upload the single by yourself

2° Ask a mod to delete the thread.

but yea this will probably be up here

We normally do frown on making reviews for releases that aren't available for anyone else to review. For once, this is a place of discussion and there isn't much to discuss if only one person has the file in question. And secondly, we did have some drama in the past when people thought it was a good idea to post reviews of stuff that was so rare that only they had it and that you would have to spent a fortune on getting.

However, this isn't the case here. I quick Google search showed me that this release is easily availible as digital download on places like CD Baby. So this is neither rare nor hard to get, even if it's not posted in our download section. And if people want it badly, they can get it without much trouble. Since it's rather easy to get, it also stands to reason that it will get posted here sooner or later.

So, I will leave this here for now.

Guest Magatsu

Yes Danao it's like what CHAMP says. and also last time I couldn't drop this one yet over here because I did post it before the release, and SAI already told me I could post it after the in store release.

This single is not rare. people can buy it. And I also think.. that REVIEWS maybe can be a reason that someone BUY the single to try it out for something you can get online als legal download for only 4 euro or dollar. It's not that much..

And I also guess there will be someone who will drop this single here soon. And I already said so many times WHY I cannot be that one. I can only share a youtube PREVIEW version..but people can listen to good preview at itunes or cdbaby. Then you also can kinda talk about this single. because you know how it sound. you don't need the full songs btw.. to have a good opinion about this single.

Or does Calmando Qual really make such bad music? that you don't wanna buy their works anymore? not even for 4euro/dollar? or 3songs for only 3 euro/dollar (DEEP SEA is not really that needed.)

This single will not disapoint you