Takadanobabaalien

Kyouka(Chaos System/Aliene Ma'riage) news

This honestly isn't -that- bad in terms of no budget vkei...aside from the "moshiru sareteeeeee [[gradually gets more and more out of tune here]]" part. It sounded like something Rumina would have done :P

I have a high tolerance when it comes to crappy vk, but those vocals kinda made my teeth hurt. :wacko:

He did sound slightly better in the live clip though.

I wonder how it will turn out.... if we are ever going to hear anything from this band. With Kyoka involved they may as well disband before ever releasing anything. :(

As I said before, so far, the band has no own songs. They mostly covered songs from Aliene or other stuff. I have attended about 10 of their lives so far. Not too bad. During the lives, I attended, Kyouka did both voice and noise. Chaos was supporting him with his voice or was covering a song? I think he did a cover in the first live I have seen. I cannot remember the song anymore.

About the Pierrot cover, this might be true since at least Chaos is a big fan of Pierrot. So he is influenced by the band.

By the way, CHAOS is really off key. I love what some call crappy Visual Kei, but his voice is too much for me. I don't understand why the other members of the band don't encourage him to take a few singing lessons or why he doesn't realise that himself... I mean he is surrounded by other musicians and of course, other vocalists who he could ask for some singing lessons...

If I knew enough japanese and had a twitter account I would dare tell him to take singing lessons xD

Yo dude yo voice sucks! (I haven't listened to the samples)

Anyway, I thought Pink Tribal was just a session thing to begin with. So if they do release music, I wouldn't be surprise if it's just remakes of existing songs from various different bands (Aliene). I guess having an OHP makes it more of an official session with long term plans?

he told me few months ago that his singing skills are poor, so you don't need to remind him about it.

but anyway i think his vocal is pretty nice and if he'll improves it'll be even better.

@ Gaz ^ I do not think his voice is that bad. I have heared a lot of people who are worse. (But I have to admit, I usually do not care about the vocalists, I listen to a lot of vocalists, which I myself consider as horrific, including Hakuei from Penicillin. I still love Peni and him but I think he sounds like a guinea pig which is wearing too tight panties). He is working on his voice but of cause it takes time.

However, I think it is not bad if you criticise somebody, as long as you do it in a constructive way, that means offering tips and so on. If you just say: ur voice suxx.... well that is not the way to do it.

he told me few months ago that his singing skills are poor, so you don't need to remind him about it.

but anyway i think his vocal is pretty nice and if he'll improves it'll be even better.

It seems to me he has a voice for singing (nice range), but he lacks technique. Has he ever taken singing lessons?

Maybe in the 90's it was more permisible to get vocalists singing off key. Most vocalists were very young and unexperienced. However I don't see why he wouldn't do anything to improve his skills (if he hasn't yet). When you like what you do you keep improving. All it is required of him is just learning how to sing better than that. It will eventually help the band and himself.

I sound so judgmental >.<

I usually don't have problems with vocalists who sing off key, but I have seen that even though I don't like today's Visual Kei bands a lot of vocalists are far better than most 90's and early 2000's vocalists.

However, I think it is not bad if you criticise somebody, as long as you do it in a constructive way, that means offering tips and so on. If you just say: ur voice suxx.... well that is not the way to do it.

yes, and constructive criticism should come from someone who can give some kind of advise, not just saying "GO TAKE SOME LESSONS OR DISBAND PLS"

@seikun their first live were held at 7th of september and they've just released their 1st demo. what kind of improvement you want to see in such short period of time? it's too early to make judgements about this band. 

yes, and constructive criticism should come from someone who can give some kind of advise, not just saying "GO TAKE SOME LESSONS OR DISBAND PLS"

@seikun their first live were held at 7th of september and they've just released their 1st demo. what kind of improvement you want to see in such short period of time? it's too early to make judgements about this band. 

I acknowldge I was judgemental in my previous comment, bit I wasn't cornering him to take lessons anyway. I don't want them to disband either.

If he thinks his voice is not good enough he will end up believing it and will eventually do nothing to improve. I think he has a voice for singing. I can't reach high notes like he does, I wish I could.

Is this his first experience in the music world?

I apologise if I was rude.

yes, it's his first project(besides pink-tribal), afaik.

if he already knows that his vocal is not good so he's probably trying to improve it? well, i hope so.

It was my first recording and was made with homemade equipment and very rough mixing just to let people know what kind of music we are going to do.

I exagerated way too much. But my intention was not to bring the guy down at all. Visual Kei has changed very much through time. I don't listen to "Neo Visual Kei" or whatever name it has been given. However if I compare today's bands to old school Visual Kei I see that vocalists in most Visual Kei bands today sing well enough and maybe better than most vocalists of old school Visual Kei. Apart from GRIEVA and GAUZES I don't listen to more bands from this era of Visual Kei (I cannot remember more right now...). So these two bands are like an oasis in the desert for me.

Well, my point it that I feel there's a "standard" when it comes to vocalists today and that may help a band get some degree of success along with other factors. I would like Pink Tribal to be successful enough so that they last as long as possible. I don't need Chaos to sing like an angel. I just hope he will improve his vocal skills because at least to me he has a nice vocal range.

I also hope they will compose their own song and a few covers.