Sign in to follow this  
CaRaN

xTRiPx - Rest In Peace & re;lily

Now that this has been publicly shared I guess I can make a review xD

Even though I've been listening to this for like 3 months, I don't think I can make an unbiased review, but here we go:

Rest In Peace

R.I.P-intro-: I'm not an intro person, but when it comes to xTRiPx they always nail it. I really liked this. Maybe my favorite intro by them along with intro vibes and Innovation[∞]isM. 8/10

three minutes little story: Awesome. From the beggining to the end. Yo-shiT vocals great as always and I really loved the song itself. Really good and meaningful lyrics. 10/10

be alive: When I heard the preview of this song I thought it was weird. But after listening to the whole thing I was really really impressed. OMG the lyrics. Yo-shiT does that rap I love and towards the end the song becomes even greater. 10/10

clever noise[r.i.p ver]: clever noise is one of my favorite songs by xTRiPx so I was looking forward to it. I can't choose between the two versions of this song, I like some things from the old one better and I like some other things of this one better. Maybe Yo-shiT's way of singing is better in this one. 10/10

I'll give this single a 10/10.

re;lily

I don't even know what to say about this song xDD I specially emphasize Yo-shiT's rap in here. He's awesome. The moment from 2:40 on is THE MOMENT. lol I love this song.

Another 10/10 for me.

So yeah, another two great releases from this awesome band.

three minutes little story - I like the intro on this one, but the chorus is kinda similar to some of their previous works... the structure of the song in general, aswell. But that's not a bad thing, really. They never release bad songs.

be alive - Now THIS is the xTRiPx I love. love the guitar work, JUICY catchy chorus, awesome drumming, and Yoshito really delivers on this one. (I really can feel some Dragon Ash influence, and that's GREAT).

clever noise - As awesome as always. The original version was already perfect, but I think that both versions complement each other. Yoshito is better on this one, but I think I like the atmosphere on the first one better.

xTRiPx is basically Yoshito's baby, but I do miss Shogo guitar lines. That motherfucker is GOOD. =(

ps: CaRaN, any chance of sharing the lyrics/translation with us? I would be so thankful!

Sign in to follow this