Sign in to follow this  
Guest MaddAdam

『夢想色~Release of individuality~』 Glam Grammar

Glam Grammar stirred some attention upon announcement because of the ex-イロクイ。 members~. (I was more interested in Ayumu and Marsa(ex-downer) xD ) BUT ANYWAY, this single has a kind of... lack luster vibe to the songs somehow. The PV preview was amazing and showcased a lot of glamor and style~. The band members all look terrific and Ayumu has the most perfect teeth I've ever seen. BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THAT NON-SENSE. スタアトザミュジク~!

Track One: 夢想色 - Very dreamy electro synth intro and Ayumu's vox are pretty interesting. I like the vocoder effects I guess. I just really feel like the song could have been executed better. The chorus is definitely the best part. The guitars don't really have any substance. Which seems to be the main problem. It's an ok track. I can't wait to see the PV because the preview is great. Your average visual kei electro-pop-rock release. I feel like there will be better music ahead with these guys. I also wish the bass was a little more prevalent. ;__; There is definitely something about the song that makes you feel like there should be MORE to it. 3/5

Track Two: Sekai Shuumatsu Tokei - I definitely don't like the distortion on the guitars in this song. They sound like when something is wrong with a car and it's making a distressing humming noise that instantly pisses you off. THAT ASIDE, the synths are great and the vox are great although a little over vocoded/autotuned/whatever. The chorus is really nice and I'm just adoring Ayumu to the max pretty much. The drums are pretty fuckin' rad as well. The guitar solo is a little ok but then the shitty buzzy-bees nest-like guitars return and JUST FUCK EVERYTHING. WHY. Maybe my rip is just poo quality. It's better than the first track though. 3.6/5

Track Three: Spider's Silk Play - This song. IS SEXY BUT IT HAS THOSE SHITTY BUZZY GUITARS. The bass even sounds buzzy. This is terrible. The only clear sounds coming through this miasma of angry insect buzzing guitars is Ayumu's vocals and the drums and the synths. This band needs new guitarists and bassists. Or a better mixer. SOMETHING DEFINITELY. I am disappoint. 2.5/5

Overall: 3/5 - This band has potential for real. They got the look, they got a great vocalist and nice drums. BUT THE GUITARS. I'm sure it's just the distortion but it's just... Not appealing. I don't know what happened. Maybe the next single will be better. ;~; I have high hopes for them~.

マイクです。

Sign in to follow this