2.UGLY DUCK’S WILL

【Type B】CD+DVD「UGLY DUCK’S WILL」PV¥1,890

1.Deus ex machina

2.UGLY DUCK’S WILL

【Type C】CD only¥1,260

1.Deus ex machina

2.UGLY DUCK’S WILL

3.rubbish

Best news since their last single imo :) can't wait.

Their last single was superb, as was their last album. Didn't like too much of what they did beforehand but I have a newfound appreciation for them, so I'm looking forward to it.

A and B types are look good, C-type is pretty meh tho. I don't like how a lot of bands come up with cool limited edition and cheap regular edition covers (maybe it's another marketing thing, but if they can produce at least one good cover, why don't they use it on all 2-3-4 type?).

Since hey have been on avex their C type covers have allways been a photo of the members :/ I really don't like that trend.

Since hey have been on avex their C type covers have allways been a photo of the members :/ I really don't like that trend.

Oh, I can see now. Well the previous C-types at least fit better with the other two than this one (they used the same colours). In most cases I think bands only do this because they (or their management) don't have any good idea/creativity or they're just really bored, but the whole thing doesn't make any sense when they simultaneously make something really good for other editions.

Whatever... hope the music will be good. :)

I don't necessarily HOPE it's a jazzy song, but if it turns out that it is I'm cool with that. Nightmare is one of the only J-Rock bands, in my opinion, that can pull it off. Personally I'm hoping for a more Raison D'etre/Konoha/White Room style song.

I don't necessarily HOPE it's a jazzy song, but if it turns out that it is I'm cool with that. Nightmare is one of the only J-Rock bands, in my opinion, that can pull it off. Personally I'm hoping for a more Raison D'etre/Konoha/White Room style song.

I'm not going try and start something here but I'm curious... What do you mean Nightmare is the only jrock band that can pull it off? I can name dozens that can pull off the jazzy sound but how about I just mention one that will prove my point: SID.

Not trying to start anything either, but to me it is pretty much only Nightmare. D can do it well too actually, but I don't much care for SID most of the time. I think they have a lot of really good songs, but none of the ones I consider good are their jazz songs. exist+trace tried to do it and it didn't happen for me. Really I can only think of Nightmare doing The Last Show and their cover of You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me and they were just awesome. Even D had some jazz songs that were good, but for me as a matter of personal taste... Jazz just fucking sucks.

Many bands can do jazzy songs, few can do it right. Nightmare is one of those but it does not mean everthing jazzy they do is gold. Their works on that aspect tends to be over average in the VK scene at least, though.

Listen to the preview

Really close to the stuff on their last album but darker. Mimic was also a bit like that so their new album will probably have the sound of The Sorrow of Deciever and a:Fansaia but darker. Sounds good to me.

I hope they do not release as many singles as they did with the self titled, in fact I would love deus ex machina to be their last single prior to the album so we can get more new songs in, even if they don't release it in 6-7 months.

Sign in to follow this