Sign in to follow this  
Aya

Would you stop reading lyric & interview translations...

Yeah, lyrics are pretty much the last priority in consideration when it comes to my favorite music.

However, there are artists that actually have a message with their lyrics, and not just nonsensical fantasy/dark crap - case in point, The Stalin et al. It sucks that the language barrier causes fans to miss out on some of those things. Also, it is nice having the romanji to help me sing along to them. xD

My $0.02:

I will not personally stop translating them. I refuse. Especially interviews because the point of the interviews is to spread news and promote albums and things of that nature. I don't just understand the language, I need the help of translation sites. So, the BEST I can say I'd do is that I won't translate the interviews and spread them on my Twitter or blog. That, I can probably do.

Like Zess said, I can listen to the music and be fine without understanding the lyrics... That's only a small percentage of a reason why I like the song. But maybe sometimes I want to understand what's going on. ESPECIALLY with Versailles lyrics since they tell a story. So you know what? Again I say I'm not going to stop translating. Spreading my personal translations? Maybe.

My wish would be the bands/label would be so kind as to provide us with translations of both the lyrics and the interviews which... Mostly... They do not.

I mean sure lots of VK bands have nonsensical fantasy lyrics, but its not always terrible, and its sure as hell better than..whats popular in america..what is it now..something about blowing flo rida..yeah, if he withheld that, id be much happier with aristocratic japanese vampire stories xD

EDIT: VK Anne Rice > Modern rap

tbh most VK lyrics aren't much to look at and not all rap is bad but this isn't the place for that discussion.

I only meant id rather look at nonsensical or fantasy ish lyrics than..flo rida specifically, or whatever terrible chart toppers are around. Im impartial to rap as a whole, but I like a few. Anyway, I think everyone should have access to all the content their favorite artist releases, landlocking music, or requiring you to learn the language is dumb.

Sign in to follow this