Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

凛(lin) new mini album "The Psalms and Lamentations" release

^ From what I can tell, most bands use these symbols/themes because it's "exotic" or "cool" for them. Of course there are exceptions too (who are genuinely interested in christianity).

Ever since I read about Kyo's complaints about God (to give it a soft name so to speak) I stopped lstening to Dir en grey. I mean one can agree or disagree, believe or not believe in God, but that doesn't give us the right to cross the line whether it be about christianity, buddhism and/or any other beliefs.

So is it safe for someone so concerned about this topic to get this material by Lin?

You have the right to express your honest opinion, you can't blame the artist for criticizing a god, making fun about one or whatever the case is.

It is your fault if you happened to be offended, nobody forced you to listen to the song. Since he/she isn't going directly towards YOU, but just religion in general, there's nothing to be offended about.

Fine if religion is to be respected, no problem, but so should the right to speak of your mind. And if your mind isn't on line with the whole god thing, then so be it.

*applause*

^ From what I can tell, most bands use these symbols/themes because it's "exotic" or "cool" for them. Of course there are exceptions too (who are genuinely interested in christianity).

Ever since I read about Kyo's complaints about God (to give it a soft name so to speak) I stopped lstening to Dir en grey. I mean one can agree or disagree, believe or not believe in God, but that doesn't give us the right to cross the line whether it be about christianity, buddhism and/or any other beliefs.

So is it safe for someone so concerned about this topic to get this material by Lin?

You have the right to express your honest opinion, you can't blame the artist for criticizing a god, making fun about one or whatever the case is.

It is your fault if you happened to be offended, nobody forced you to listen to the song. Since he/she isn't going directly towards YOU, but just religion in general, there's nothing to be offended about.

Fine if religion is to be respected, no problem, but so should the right to speak of your mind. And if your mind isn't on line with the whole god thing, then so be it.

Different opinions your and mine, Not even trying to impose a personal view on this.

I am just a bit concerned about what I am listening to.

You have to understand that Japan doesn't have the same culture. Over there, you can use Christian themes as theme only―a style―without having any deeper implications. LIN's use of “Psalms” isn't disrespectful, but nor is it in a truly religious sense―it's just a word that has no social implication to them.

So they're not doing it to “be cool” nor are they trying to ruffle anybodies feathers. They're not even thinking of things like that. It's just a word.

UCP event "地下線ボーカリストシャッフル祭!? VOL.4(chikasen vocalist shuffle matsuri!? VOL.4)" will be held at Shibuya REX at 2012/12/16

[participating artists]

凛(lin) feat.翠-Sui-(Megaromania)

NEGA feat.CO-(FUTURISM・BOYZ)

Megaromania feat.ユーイ(yuui)(シンディケイト(CindyKate))

FUTURISM・BOYZ feat.RIKU(凛(lin))

シンディケイト(CindyKate) feat.Rayka(REALies)

REALies feat.儿(jin)(NEGA)

朱(suzaku) feat.螺々(rara)(Cu[be])

Vior gloire feat.樹-itsuki-(朱(suzaku))

Cu[be] feat.シャル(shall)(Vior gloire)

UCP event "地下線ボーカリストシャッフル祭!? VOL.4(chikasen vocalist shuffle matsuri!? VOL.4)" will be held at Shibuya REX at 2012/12/16

[participating artists]

凛(lin) feat.翠-Sui-(Megaromania)

NEGA feat.CO-(FUTURISM・BOYZ)

Megaromania feat.ユーイ(yuui)(シンディケイト(CindyKate))

FUTURISM・BOYZ feat.RIKU(凛(lin))

シンディケイト(CindyKate) feat.Rayka(REALies)

REALies feat.儿(jin)(NEGA)

朱(suzaku) feat.螺々(rara)(Cu[be])

Vior gloire feat.樹-itsuki-(朱(suzaku))

Cu[be] feat.シャル(shall)(Vior gloire)

Hahaha omfg so Jin will sing songs from REALies??? XD Omg, they better record this live on a dvd, i simply have to see those mixes.

their live-distributed single (title not yet finalized) will be released at their one-man live "The Psalms and Lamentations" at Shinjuku ACB HALL at 2012/12/01-12/02

Man, what is going on in that preview? It's like the first 2 sections that they showed were two different songs, or at least the mood they gave off was different, even though it's the same PV. Even the third section was different than the rest until it went long enough to get to the chorus. I absolutely love this preview. I just wish their production was better cause I feel like the sounds made by the instruments are hollow. I kind of wish the instruments had more bass to them and were a bit louder, more in-your-face kind of deal. Looking forward to this even more now!

I'm not 100% sure what's going on in this preview. Like if both of those different sound clips are from the same song, it seems that we have a pretty big new song to expect. I really like both pieces I heard, excited for this.

and 「Lunar Eclipse~in the shadow~」 is a really oldschool song, something like MIRAGE.

and 「Lunar Eclipse~in the shadow~」 is a really oldschool song, something like MIRAGE.

Sort of gothic with Akira Mirage, or melodic rock / channeling Baiser with Tomo Mirage?

The vocal is not slow and gothic like Akira's and the instrumentals are like melodic rock.

Hm, not so far from Deep Labyrinth, the style is similar, but sounds older, really '90s vk.

i can't explain exactly, cause i heard only once at live.

their album "AWAKING from -Independent "MAZE"-(SHANGHAI VERSION)" will be released through UCP official web-shop at 2012/11/05 (3,360yen, limited 100), which will further include BONUS DISC

[bONUS DISC track list]

01.Fake Dance-LIVE VERSION-

02.Continuation of dream-LIVE VERSION-

Only 「Continuation of dream」 will be live version.

Hm, important announcement 1 hour later !?

"10月28日 0時Twitter、BLOGにて大切な発表があります。"

1 week later i get both type, hm, the samples are worse, than i excepted, but i'm looking forward to it still

Sign in to follow this