Sign in to follow this  
Rosà

Reviews forum - little question

Hi, it's me.. again. (yea, I did know you'll be happy xD)

I have a little question about reviews forum. I know that each post ist in kind of queue to accept by moderator (that's great idea!), but the confusion is because of editing post. I've posted some days ago a review of NEGAs album VANITAS, it was accepted, but when I wanted to edit the post (because of some bolds, only to make it more esthetic), after submitting it disappeared, and I don't know, why. The last post is mine (it's on the right side), but the post vanished. Is it again in queue to accept it? Sth broke?

Can someone help me and make it clear, what actually happened?

Yes, if you edit a post it has to be reviewed again. Even if you just want to correct a spelling mistake - after all, the system doesn't know if you are just making some asthetic changes, or change the post to be against the forum rules. So it has to be approved again, otherwise it would be easy to "cheat" the review system.

(Not that we have that high requirements for reviews - as long as you write a few sentences about the topic at hand, you'll be fine. We only put up the mod queue because in the past review threads would quickly turn into bitchfights, were people spent more time attacking other reviewers than actually posting reviews. This has luckily stopped by now.)

But isn't that a little tiring to check everything again, if it was only a small change? Would be possible to edit the posts by yourself with no need to accepting it again?

Yea, clear. And this stopped also empty topics like "guys, tell me what y'a think, I'll do review after listening" xD It was suuch pathetic...

Thank you very much for this explanation ^^

But isn't that a little tiring to check everything again, if it was only a small change?

Well, not really. You can usually see within a few seconds if a post is a genuine review or not. And it can't be changed anyway, because the system doesn't allow for edits to be exempt from the mod queue, so it's either all or nothing.

Anyway, I think the question has been sufficiently answered, so I'll close the thread. :wink: