Sign in to follow this  
JMusicMaxcaz

miyavi New Album & Photobook

miyavi announced during his premium live at Tokyo's Kinema Club that he will be release New Album & Photobook.

No more information.

Awesome. :)

edit: according to two sources (Natalie.mu and Barks.jp) it will be a mini album with the concept of SAMURAI SESSION WORLD SERIES. So I guess it'll include the two collaboration songs plus a few other ones?

I had heard that all the songs on the album are either composed by Kreva or Yuksek, but that could be false information. I know Strong and Day 1 will be on there and there will definitely be (I think) at least one more composed by each person. Then, if it's only an EP the rest will probably be remixes, but if it's a full album, I would hope maybe there would be more DJ's making songs for him. Because this world series thing he's doing is fucking amazing.

Oh, that sounds sort of stupid. Personally I'd prefer a real not-100%-acoustic solo album from him, but whateverrrrr

this!! he has been so terrible ever since he started making crap after miyavizm and ever since i saw him in 2011 in amsterdam, i have lost all hope of him ever doing something good again

^Lol at you apparently prefering gagaku over what's my name but whatever, everyone has their own taste

And it's going to be a mini album and a compilation of the samurai sessions collab project so it will most likely contain DAY 1 and strong and then... other collabs?

The photobook is trough gekkan men which, after a glance at their website, mostly contains classy nude photography so that's probably what we can expect.

Also the reason why he hasn't released a new solo album since wmn is that emi refuses to let him release one. There's a lot material recorded, plenty for an album, but emi wants to wait because it would apparently to hard to get good sales in fall because there's too much competition and maybe he can release an album in spring if he does well. (This is from the CWIF fanclub magazine)

Emi's not psc, they're not going to have him release an album every year.

I absolutely loved DAY 1 so I sure do hope he'll do more electro stuff with proper DJ's in the future~

^Lol at you apparently prefering gagaku over what's my name but whatever, everyone has their own taste

good old giz, always bitchin' about others

i have the idea myv was much more in his element with his first 3 albums, after that he just became insane with experimenting and trying new stuff, which hasnt been great at all

and whats my name was the crown on the turd, the most bland, random, uninspirational album he has ever made. especially since he went to the dj stuff, which is more annoying then good

but like you said i guess everyone has its own taste

... Wow not even going to react to that.

But, why are you in this topic if you don't think he'll release anything good anyway? Is it really necessairy for you to state over and over again how you don't like his music? Also I don't see how that was bitching, I just pointed out that I found it amusing orz

Imo gagaku is my least favorite album and I can't listen to a lot of his indies releases because of the terrible vocals, which he massivly improved now. WMN will never be my favorite album, and I don't really like strong that much, but I absolutely loved DAY 1 and imo it's been his best release in quite a while. I love the techno so I do hope he continues on that route and doesn't abandon it :3

Also, on the topic of a solo album, I was really glad that he played Chase at his recent one man, I thought it was completely forgotten. It was my favorite out of the new songs he played in 2010 :)

...(agreed)...I was really glad that he played Chase at his recent one man, I thought it was completely forgotten. It was my favorite out of the new songs he played in 2010 :)

yup, chase was my favorite from that performance too, on par with gravity. and while i agree that the "strong" single wasn't that great i really like the song played live....

Yeah I agree that it was better live, even though I only got to hear it once, but it's just not my taste. I also prefer the KREVA version over the solo version on cd ^^;

Sign in to follow this