Sign in to follow this  
Guest Magatsu

Calmando Qual black sheep

Guest Magatsu
 EDIT; 2014 I never did copy my original review here.. oh well. I did re-read and I did edit it a bit to my real opinion.

CALMANDO QUAL [bLACK SHEEP] - review written by nagashiwa [4 July 2012]  re-written July 2014

July 27th the release of the 3rd full album of Calmando Qual.

An album with 10 tracks but with 8 full songs.

Tracklist:

1. 擬態 (Gitai)

2. 死よりも深い死の中で (Shiyorimo fukaishi no nakade)

3. SCISSORS

4. 堕チ逝ク闇カラ (Ochiyuku yami kara)

5. 抜け殻 (Nukegara)

6. Re:born

7. 歪 (Yugami)

8. 闇の中の黒い猫 (Yami no naka no kuroi neko)

9. 空中ブランコ (Kuchu buranko)

10. 追憶 (Tsuioku)

Calmando Qual did bring finally a new album after years. This time their style is Visual Kei and they changed their sound into something new. Well if you did listen to their previous singles you already could taste a little bit of their new style. However the tune BLACK SHEEP is again a little bit different as the past 3 singles which I totally not liked.

It doesn't have anything inside of their old works. Maybe the lyrics a bit but yet they aren't that good as before 2009.

For myself I needed to play this album many times to like it a bit, still yet now in 2014 I don't like this album.

The last song "Kuchu buranko" is more a touching your heart song. But it's more a song which you play if you lost your loved one. Since that's what the lyric tell us.... so yeah... I didn't lost someone yet...

Hibiki's voice is really different as his voice years ago. Sometimes it’s really difficult to find the feeling in the song. To me he does sing a little bit powerless, not enough feeling of the heart.

They even tuned his voice a lot. if you listen to the songs "LIVE" it sounds way different, and it gives you a cooler feeling.

The music is always well played. They always know what they are doing, so you never will get strange sounded sounds in a song. And that’s pretty unknown by Visual Kei bands.

But still there is some good power missing which wasn't missed in their works before 2009.

After all now in 2014, I'm still not happy with this album, and you truly see me playing it rarely.

Yet I've heard from many people that they super loved this album. oO.

Price: CD 2500 yen | DIGITAL €9 $10

A little bit expensive for 8 full songs if you buy a hard copy so get it digital.

Album duration:

33 minutes Way to short for an Album who sound like this. I want more!

Favorite song:

non

My rating of this album: ☆☆☆☆☆ 0 of 5 stars

0 stars.

Even if the songs rock for me a bit when they play it LIVE. I still won't listen to it at my MP3 player or behind my PC. even now I'm disappoint in this album.

And yes Hibiki knows that I don't like this album.

Edited by Magatsu

Guest Magatsu

whoops totally forgot to update this review back then. So I did do it today. I re-wrote it also a bit. 

Sign in to follow this