Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

SIGNAL- Chain mini-album review

ATOMIC No.666- My favorite track off of this release! I love how it starts off with the fast palm mutes and then it gets faster. I loved this song since it's really energetic and Yuri has more experimentation with his voice and he sounds super badass here. He really does more than the usual death growl, clean singing, and the high-pitched scream. The song has a cooldown right before it gains speed and Yuri is singing in a talking-form and the guitar solo comes in. I love this song so much 10/10 :rawk:

Just for today- This song doesn't really stick to me and I have yet to find out why. The intro sounds nostalgic, almost like i've heard that same build-up somewhere before. It's a good song but I just can't really remember it when I look back on this release. The pre-chorus and chorus are really good though which is why this song gets points though because I like the chorus parts above the rest. Also the dual guitar solo was really nice but once again, i've heard the ending to that solo somewhere before. I'm really loving how they've been adding a lot more calm, clean guitar sounds to their music. 8/10

Lovers:Psycho- Now this is a true "vk" dance song! BORN should learn a thing or two if they keep trying to make dance songs. I absolutely love this song's energy and even though the chorus is repetitive, I get so into it and I find myself growling and singing the "LOVERS PSYCHO!" part. The guitars are quite alternating which adds variation to the choruses. An awesome breakdown follows the first chorus and then the song comes to a slower pace (Really loving the way they these). Lovers psycho! Lovers psycho! 10/10 :rawk:

Gerbera- I never expected an acoustic song from these guys. I was a bit scared of how this would turn out but it was mainly just for the intro and it was lovely. This sounds like something more of a regular song to just relax with and yet still keeps their style in there slightly. 9/10

Unleash from chain- An instrumental...but hang on?! Acoustics? Loving this~! I can imagine myself sitting on a grassy plain staring at the blue sky filled with enormous white clouds (getting into anime scenarios here xD) If this song can make me go into a different world, then it is a damn good song. 9.5/10

Animosity- This song starts off strong!! I feel like this is what we can start calling a "typical SIGNAL" song. Sounds just like the stuff they released with MELT and GLOW BACK OVER SCARS (not complaining here). Even with the backup vocals I get a "[RED]river" vibe and near the end when you hear the crash and something breaking as the song goes quite and then Yuri comes in with a huge scream, reminds me of the breakdown during "Roots" This is a great song to rock out to, I love it! 9/10

The Last Judgement- Now, I heard from a friend that on their blogs, the members stated that after this, their musical direction will be more in the favor of this song and I am freaking glad! This song is really heavy and you've got all this growling everywhere and even in the chorus, you've got some guitar tapping, growling, and clean vocals at the same time. Then the chorus ends and we get a long growl right before a breakdown occurs that always has me going at it. A nice clean part right after that I love and the bass gets to shine more than usual in this part :D I love this song and I am glad this song will be what their future stuff will sound like!! 10/10

SIGNAL IS AMAZING!!!! This mini was non-stop orgasms all around! Yuri was one of my favorite members in this mini right along the lead guitarist...I think Yuri is the only member whose name I know. I can't wait for their next release which is hopefully announced soon because I can't wait! I can't wait to hear an album as well, let's just hope they aren't like MEJIBRAY, great singles but a meh album.

Sign in to follow this