Sign in to follow this  
ghost

born - RADICAL HYSTERIA

Okay, I tried really hard to find a thread of this already, but didn't find one.

I know this single is really just a re-release of "Red Hot Cobra", but it's got a new song too so I thought why not.

Also, I've never heard the original release.

RADICAL HYSTERIA

This is a fun and simple rock out song with some nice guitar work. I dunno, it's not anything special in my opinion, but it's a fun listen.

7/10

COBRA

Such a good song by born IMO. It really draws my attention with the slow, creeping intro, and then explodes into a groovy guitar cadence. The rest is history. I really enjoy that the song has this powerful atmosphere, like I'm walking through a heavily foggy desert. Ryouga sings powerfully in this song and adds more depth as well with his 'whoa's. All the elements in the song help to compliment each other and, rather than just being a cool song, create an audio experience that's delicious ear candy.

10/10

IN CREATURE

So, my first thought is what up with Ryouga's scream in the beginning? I kinda like the raw quality of it, but it sounds a bit comical.

Anyways, the song overall is okay. It's not entirely special with anything new from Born, but it's pretty catchy. Also, I can really hear the power of Ryouga's vocals. I dunno why, but I find myself coming back to this song time after time.

8/10

So, this single is good.

[RADICAL HYSTERIA] is a decent song that's fun to rock out to, [COBRA] is a masterpiece that creates it's own universe, and [iN CREATURE] is a welcome new addition that adds a catchy element to this single with their newer sound. I would recommend this single for any born fan and anyone starting to get into born. One really gets to know their serious side, fun side, and even their old and new side.

8.3/10

Sign in to follow this