Sign in to follow this  
electrastar

WLM problem

Sorry, if I write in the wrong section, but this problem is really pissing me off.

Every time I signed in to the messenger, I got a message after a while that "Windows Live Messenger Communications Platform has stopped working".

On one messenger forum, they suggested to delete "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wldlog.dll", I tried it. Now when I sign in, it automatically signs me off.

I also tried to re-install the program and nothing seems to work.

I started getting this error today. All this situation seems rather hopeless and I´d really appreciate quick and helping replies, because I need messenger for my work (deadline is tomorrow) or it´s all going to be useless and I won´t get payed.

By the way, I´ve googled for around an hour without any results. All the same. I wonder if someone´s also having the exact same problem, or had.

Thanks. :3

I can't think of a solution right away since i use WLM for Mac, but I had this problem recently where it would immediately sign me off, saying there was a server error. Because you have a deadline, I suggest you'd use an alternative IM. I for instance use Adium, but that's Mac-restricted. Trillian Astra is something that is quite similar to Adium, but is for Windows. It's really easy to use and you'll get all your WLM contacts on there the second you log in with your userdata.

http://im.about.com/od/downloads/ss/tri ... wnload.htm

This website might help you download it. The free version should be good enough to help you through this deadline, but I can't help you directly with WLM.

Thanks, for now I got aMSN. Friend of mine searched for possible solutions, but wasn´t able to find anything helpful. Some say it might be related to firewall settings, but personally I don´t believe that. Well, it doesn´t make any sense, because some part of WLM stopped working.

Right before that clusterf*ck it didn´t send messages and I had to sign off - sign in to send messages and now this. MS doesn´t seem that reliable anymore, to be honest. All they have given me lately is a big headache. Even with games. *sigh*

But thanks for help, sai. ^ 3^

No problem! I've been having more problems with it lately as well. I think the main problem here is that they haven't updated WLM in ages while their software keeps expanding. A new WLM version might just solve most of the problems, but I'm glad my advice helped! Always glad to help :)

Sign in to follow this