Sign in to follow this  
237Q

lyrics-more than just translations

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I finally decided to make a blog dedicated to deep analysis of visual kei lyrics (those with meaningful lyrics at least... I don't think I could find a profound meaning in "keep on dj playin!!") since I was doing translations for a long time but never actually got further than just words and sentences, never thought about the lyrics line by line, or any further meanings. I realized I am intelligent enough to do an analysis of a song by myself after the latest literature classes (I was actually paying attention and giving my opinion a lot), so I gave it a try and I don't think it's too bad. This is the blog I've opened (lame url and blogname, I know >.<):

http://whatarevklyrics.blogspot.com/

What do you think? Should I keep this up, or just give up? Do you yourself do some analyses of vk songs?

oh and feel free to bump in with song suggestions if you like it ^^

I always appreciate it when people who translate lyrics offer their own explanations/interpretations so I say keep it up. I read a bit of what you wrote about Kohaku and I loved it.

If I was a translator, I would attempt to do the same but lately J-Rock writing projects are currently in a long distance relationship. :/

i love this idea.

because so many times i want to discuss and wonder about the meaning(analysis) of my favorites songs and i can't find anyone who cares.

@Number Girl: thanks for the support and I'm really glad you liked what you've read ^^

@miyuu: BE MY BFF haha ^---^ I know EXACTLY how you feel

haha I requested scans before I actually decided to do this :D but yes, i do plan to do a loooot of boogieman, since their lyrics are some of the best ones I've ever seen. As you can see, recurrence is in the first post :D (I plan to do Rariyura from Loops and Kijou no kuuron and Hysteresis from boogieman)

Good luck tryng to read Rariyura... you'll see when i post the scans XD

I've never been interested in lyrics at all but with the vocalist change in boogieman i really want to get how the band has changed entirely so I am really happy with not just translations but some kind of thematic analysis.

hahah omg don't scare me, I didn't even see it yet xD oh and forgot Shrodinger no neko, I just recently gave it a real real listen, and I realized lyrics are really good too, there's this lovely part about the God-Human relation, so I want to see and analyze the rest too. I'm a huge Junno fan(tard) and I had some kind of a negative prejudice of whoever was going to replace him. Good thing is that I used to love Heartless when they were active so I got used to Boogieman Shuu faster than I would if it was someone I didn't know of before.

I at first wanted to request Loops only, because I wanted to see in which way Shu's songs are different and if they still have that "Boogieman" feeling (I'm not really good at understanding lyrics when just sung, I often realize the general meaning of a song is completely different than what I thought of by just listening), but I requested Boogieman too, well, mostly because 70% of my favorite songs are on it.

237Q this is an awesome idea~! :'D I love reading little notes that the translators occasionally make.

Maybe you'll overcome my FAVORITE translator~. http://ameblo.jp/mary-nine/theme1-10004691141.html#main

(She's responsible for me being able to sing every THE KIDDIE song ever~. She recently translated monopolize by Boodieman I think.)

She doesn't really analyze the lyrics though~.

lol Maiku, I know I will become your favorite translator once!! You'll see!

(4F9 and Blue page are on my 'gotta do' list, kiddie used to be my fav band when they just released elite star)

still wish peepz would do this for bands like cali gari or guruguru eigakan :C

you can request me a song, I don't even listen to D'espairsRay but I did it because it was requested^^

lol Maiku, I know I will become your favorite translator once!! You'll see!

(4F9 and Blue page are on my 'gotta do' list, kiddie used to be my fav band when they just released elite star)

OMG YAY~! :'D Now I will obsessively visit your blogspot. xD

THE KIDDIE are great~. I'm so excited for the new album.

Wow, this is a great idea. My Japanese doesn't go beyond being able to read Hiragana and Katakana so I'm always glad to see some good translations :D And I really love your interpretation of Kohaku, good job!

I would like to some translations of Daisuke's (Kagerou and so on) lyrics since from the translations of his work in the studs he may very well be my favourite Japanese lyricist.

I have Kagerou-Sabishisa to nemure and Gozen sanji to taiyou kousen on my list ^^ I'm not really familiar with The Studs songs so if you want a specific song, feel free to request it~

Oh and Maiku, I started 4F9 yesterday, should be finished by tomorrow!

here's a list of songs I have in plan:

Matenrou Opera-Designer baby [Requested]

DOG inthe PWO-a lot of songs since they're my fav band. Watagumo Rex might be the first one

Metronome-Ikiteru gokko

The Kiddie-4F9, Blue page, Kazoku-Tokyo 1K

BeaU-Yamibito Show

Mucc-Chiisana mado

Kagerou-Sabishisa to nemure, Gozen sanji to taiyou kousen

DaizyStripper-Yasoukyoku

Boogieman-Nirvana, Hysteresis, Rariyura, Schrodinger no neko,

Dolly-Ajisai, Amefuri no eigakan,

Vistlip-Sindra, Order made

M-Kamisama wa inai, kono yoru wo koete

Mejibray-Kore wo izon to yobu nara

Awoi-Bedroom

not in any particular order

Oh and Maiku, I started 4F9 yesterday, should be finished by tomorrow!

The Kiddie-4F9, Blue page, Kazoku-Tokyo 1K

OH MAN. ;O; I'm soooo excited~! ;O;

aaa awoi bedroom why you choose that? i have the translation i am more curious about your analysis!!

i have read in the internet some analysis : that it's from a female point of view and probably seems like

"it could be a song about a girl who was dating a guy in a band who dumped her because she got revealed on the internet, LOL."

lol

(i can post where i read the more details if anyone wants)

i am also always interested in daisuke lyrics analysis!!!

i want the mejibray and mucc analysis/opinion about meaning also xD

cool list you have there! : 3

i actually curious about any song meaning most of the times so whatever you want is cool!

also about dir en grey. if you don't like it, don't do it because i know if i don't like something i don't want to do it.

but i am always curious about some of kyo's lyrics.

for example lately i wonder about 「欲巣にDREAMBOX」あるいは成熟の理念と冷たい雨

i have translation just curious about the analysis

or merciless cult do you think he could talk to the audience?

and generally if anyone wants to say opinion about these

haha I'm not sure why I've chosen Bedroom. Honestly I don't even listen to Awoi a lot but I love that song xD I'll keep this analysis in mind when doing mine lol it's funny but it's actually very possible, the tanuki syndrome xD give me the links if you can ^^

mejibray lyrics are actually very direct but I think there must be at least something hiding around there

oh and dir en grey, well I didn't listen to them for a loooong time but I'll be glad to do the analysis for the song you requested ^^ It's weird how I somehow enjoy doing requested lyrics more than I enjoy doing those I choose xD maybe because it's nice to know someone is actually interested in what I'm doing xD

4f9-half done, I'm going to a party now and finishing them when I come home, it's somehow easier to analyze and be super-profound when tipsy at least xD

Matenrou Opera-Designer baby [Requested]

DaizyStripper-Yasoukyoku

Vistlip-Sindra, Order made

Mejibray-Kore wo izon to yobu nara

I want to 2nd these as well!!!

Designer baby is done already ^^ and read the comments, me and a friend who commented got even further there :)

oh and Bedroom is done too, just to mention :)

Sign in to follow this