Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

9Goats Black Out - Karte

This was a great release.

I’ll get right to it.

Table of the Mortal Sins - Love the groovy beat, the wailing riffs of the guitars and the dynamics of the vocals. At first glance I thought it was some sort of instrumental, but at 2 minutes and thirty-six seconds this manages to do what other songs at 3-4 minutes can’t do, be amazing.

any - A piano intro, the use of acoustic guitars and strings sections. The song is a ballad but an awesome one.

nude - Starts of haunting with a guitar melody, hushed vocals, a solid beat and bass work. However midway through the song the calmness of the song explodes with rock guitars and piano chords. Another great track.

Melancholy and the loneliness- "憂鬱と孤独" re-mix- - I found this to be the most interesting song of the whole album. A trip-hoppy beat, distant echoed vocals, a guitar melody that progresses to sounding very Spanish like, use of string sections and experimentation with ambient noise.

Wish you - "願い" re-mix - It clocks in at just over 7 minutes but Ryo's vocals keep the listener engaged and I found the song to be very relaxing.

This get’s a well deserved 9.0 from me.

One of the best J-rock releases I’ve heard in a while.

Sign in to follow this