Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

[Taiwan] Mavis Fan 范曉萱

Mavis Fan

1485400098_e7b94f202b_z.jpg

wikiquote:

Mavis Fan (Chinese: 范曉萱; pinyin: Fàn Xiǎoxuān; born February 27, 1977) is Taiwanese pop singer who also plays flute and piano. She's also known as 'Bo Bo' or 'Little Witch'.

Mavis began her singing career in the mid 90s as a pop idol, singing songs catered mostly towards children and young teenagers. For example, the lyrics to 'Health Song' encouraged daily exercise and was accompanied by a music video in the style of a fitness video. However, she soon grew tired of her childish image and increasingly gravitated towards singing about moodier subject matters having to do with love and betrayal. She has expressed that she is no longer concerned with being a pop star and will only make music to her liking.

I am not that acquainted with her works but I gave her 绝世名伶-album a spin, and wow, I never thought that Taiwanese/Chinese music would get me along that easily :roll: (Vivian Hsu is an exception, since I cling to her mainly due to Sugizo factor)

She seems to have some sort of ~side project thingy~ going on too, called 范曉萱&100% (Mavis Fan & 100%)

"Taiwanese Ringo Shiina a la less wacky numbers" would be the good description for Mavis. Hehe :mrgreen:

Some songs that I liked (while checking her *notable songs*)

ro7MdKPc09U

qadesMFTKEw

Z-raoc8OjPk

2UHrNAWYhrY

Fans around here, hello?

Sign in to follow this