Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

Lolita23q- Bad City single review

Bad City- This song is very nicely composed, I love the techno sounds in it that are just layered throughout the song. The guitar work is pretty awesome and the riffs throughout the song really make me hyper and want to jump around like Ryosuke in the PV. The breakdown wasn't to special but it was acceptable. All in all it was a pretty good song 8/10

Star Philharmony- Pretty lovely song. A ballat-type song from them in this very fast single and I love it. Soshi's voice sounds really great here and it's a song that seems made for him to shine. The piano interlude got to me in the middle of the song before the guitar solo and I am a sucker for guitar solos and piano interludes so this song got to me good. 9/10

Vital- Damn! This song is portraying some of the heavier sides of Lolita23q and I love it. I love singing along to the part where Soshi is going "Naku TO Kimi TO Saki TO hibi TO" sounds dark but badass and then comes in the chorus which is amazing! Never really heard Soshi scream so clearly like that before. I love the chorus so much. 10/10 Freaking great song!

Fullmetal Night Killer 1888- The most anticipated song from this single I think and it lived up.

Was hoping for something heavy due to the name and that's what I got. I thought it was neat the female background vocals sprinkled in the background with a small echo to it. Then we have this sick riff from Ryuto and yu-ki comes in with some sick pinch harmonics and then we get this distortioned guitar solo layered with effects that was so awesome. I love this song!! 10/10

Damn, this single was pretty amazing and I hope their new album sticks to this sound because I love it. I hope for more songs like this from the future. BAN and Ryuto need to compose more if what they make is Vital and Fullmetal Night Killer 1888. This single overall was better than I'z and HIKARI in my opinion.

Nice new single! The title track is good, second one is okayish (interesting sound though), and the rest are just pretty rockin' awesome! I like this band, they always bring something listenable/enjoyable, even if not memorable all the time. I'd give it something like a 7/10, good job.

title track makes me gag every time I listen to it.

second track isn't all that much better, honestly, just boring.

tragically enough, vital and fullmetal were enjoyable.

average / 10

again they released a very good single. Not as good as HIKARI and I'z, but still very well listenable.

Bad City is a tad too simple. simple song structure, no guitar solo. the elctronic stuff was the only thing that stood out a bit. they played very safe here. not bad, but definitely generic. --> 6/10

STAR PHILHARMONY is a touching little ballad. Every of the past 4 singles had one ballad included, and all of them were beautiful. Still, i like a_Shiner, Tenkyuu Symphonia and Amitie more, cause they are more complex and more moving. Nevertheless, nice song. --> 8/10

VITAL is epic. It's BAN's second composition for the band, and as 3 / 4 this is very outstanding cause it doesn't follow any patterns, it doesn't even have a 4/4 time which is really rare in today's pop music.

this song is really brilliant. brilliant pre chorus, more brilliant chorus. --> 200% !!!!!!!!

FULL METAL NIGHT KILLER 1888 follows the same routes as VITAL, but has its weak points. tends to be one of Ryoutos typical B-Sides. --> 7/10.

all in all, good single, with VITAL being the stand out track.

Why I like I'z more:

cos of I'z, which has a brutal different feeling than your typical single track, and its little guitar part from 2:54 till 2:57 which reminds me very of old janne da arc.

cos of BIOS, with its hymn-like electronic melody.

cos of Tenkyuu Symphonia, since it's the better STAR PHILHARMONY.

cos of Eikyuu Shounen, cos this is DIFFERENT! fast, like a free fall, perfect drums in the chorus. its a buzz!!! :) one of my all time Lolita favourites!

Why I like HIKARI more:

cos of HIKARI, haven't listened to a more epic long single track in the last years.

cos of Amitie, which was the perfect Christmas song 2011.

cos of LASER LIGHT THEME PARK, which puts me in the same mood as BIOS. pumped up, full of energy.

i can't await their album.

Lolita23q are the freshest band around!

which single did you like the most?

do you pefer Sou or Soshi?

i would be happy if we could discuss a bit Lolita business here :)

Sign in to follow this